Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P resume and skill wise, who is better than floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P resume and skill wise, who is better than floyd?

Honestly, is floyd really TBE? Because if you look at it, its kind of hard to deny even though many probably wont be willing to admit.

Most complete fighter of all time arguably and fought in a era with good competition. Has good defense, can fight coming forwards or backwards, solid chin. Great speed etc.

Fough in a good era and beat many greats, not just that but was dominant over the stretch of 21 years, not just a decade, 2 of them. How is he not the GOAT?

Who can you really say was successful for that long, had that good of a record and had that good of a skillset?

TBE

I'mma bookmark this for tomorrow, by the time I check back there'll be all kinda of hilarious replies

Comment

Floyd will always have his resume questioned. incredibly skilled, but too choosy with his opponents and his "get every advantage before taking the fight" mentality will only hurt him. So no, he has to say hes TBE, if you have to say it, you're not.

Comment

He has no HOF Prime fighter at their best weight in his resume......and Roberto Duran, Leonard, Pacquiao, Ali has.........3 yeah. So Resume wise: Duran, Pacquiao, Leonard, Ali, and so on and so fourth.

Comment

I see Sugar Ray Leonard as being better than Floyd Mayweather Jr. in pretty much every way. So I'll go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
            Floyd will always have his resume questioned. incredibly skilled, but too choosy with his opponents and his "get every advantage before taking the fight" mentality will only hurt him. So no, he has to say hes TBE, if you have to say it, you're not.
            I was a fan on Floyd, but I was fan of Floyd the prettyboy, the guy that fought Hatton, Gatti, Corrales, he was actually the guy that I was a big fan of, but the Oscar Dela Hoya fight changed him, I gave him a pass on fighting Marquez, but then the Victor Ortiz, Guerrero, fights happened I lost support.

His resume is also overrated. I mean, he has 0 Prime A level fighters in his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Yes thats all debatable, but the fact remains, he went undefeated for 21 years and beat some very good names in the process. Beat good fighters like canelo and maidana too towards the final stretch of his career. Sustained exellence. Never really looked vulnerable except a handful of fights that you can count .

Comment

And also, what do you mean by beat many "greats"? Did he beat those greats when they were actually at their "Greatest"?

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  Yes thats all debatable, but the fact remains, he went undefeated for 21 years and beat some very good names in the process. Beat good fighters like canelo and maidana too towards the final stretch of his career. Sustained exellence. Never really looked vulnerable except a handful of fights that you can count .
                  How do you rate Rocky Marciano?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    He has no HOF Prime fighter at their best weight in his resume......and Roberto Duran, Leonard, Pacquiao, Ali has.........3 yeah. So Resume wise: Duran, Pacquiao, Leonard, Ali, and so on and so fourth.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X