No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather comments on racism allegations against Conor McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather comments on racism allegations against Conor McGregor

Last night, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and “The Notorious” Conor McGregor touched down in Toronto, Ontario Canada for the second stop of their headline-generating world press tour. While many fans and pundits felt like Mayweather was the quicker man on the mic during the tour’s first stop in Los Angeles, the consensus in the wake of Toronto event is that McGregor came out on top in a big way.

Over the course of the event, McGregor repeatedly lambasted his foe, even getting the crowd to shout “**** the Mayweathers,” and throwing an Irish flag on Mayweather’s head with sharpshooter accuracy. That said, McGregor also found himself in a bit of hot water, as several pockets of the combat sports world thought his repeatedly referring to Mayweather as “boy” was veiled in racism.

Mayweather himself, however, isn’t too worried about these comments from McGregor.

“Racism still exists but you know, I try to take something negative and turn it into something positive,” Mayweather said in a conversation with TMZ. “We both know there’s only two types of boys – a white boy and a Cowboy – and I’m not neither.”

“A lot of people say that Conor McGregor is racist but I’m not worried about that.”

Do you think Floyd Mayweather should be more concerned with Conor McGregor’s comments, or do you agree that they’re no cause for alarm?

Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 07-13-2017, 01:19 PM.

nope, if conor calls him *NWORD* than yea cry racism but anything less STFU and man it up, I mean okay what if he did meant it in a racist way? lmfao WTF YALL GONNA DO ABOUT except cry and bitch? lmfao

Comment

I don't understand how calling someone "boy" is racist.

Comment

From most people I've listened to closer to this fight it sounds like there is some racial overtunes going on amongst the fans, but idk if Conor is racist or if his specific line was racist. Guys is from a country thats probably 99.5% white people so obviously he's going to be down with a lot of white guys & not understand the depth of certain words like a US person would. I say no harm no foul with that remark.

I also think Floyd usage of the term "white boy" in his own remark could be seen as equally racist if we are just having a racial war like its some real life Lounge thread. Calling any man a boy is offensive & when when its a non-white guy saying it directed at a black guy there are definitely racial stuff that will come up, just like if you throw (white, mexican, PR, Russian) on the front of the word boy it adds some racial icing on the insult that makes the usage more suspect.

Comment

That was the funniest comment so far. I knew instantly there'd be tsunami waves of SJW tears coming up right after Conor said it. God bless him.

Comment

Floyd doesnt care. Its all just more money for him after the easy win. He would probably actually prefer if conor said some racist **** to bring even more controversy to the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              From most people I've listened to closer to this fight it sounds like there is some racial overtunes going on amongst the fans, but idk if Conor is racist or if his specific line was racist. Guys is from a country thats probably 99.5% white people so obviously he's going to be down with a lot of white guys & not understand the depth of certain words like a US person would. I say no harm no foul with that remark.

I also think Floyd usage of the term "white boy" in his own remark could be seen as equally racist if we are just having a racial war like its some real life Lounge thread. Calling any man a boy is offensive & when when its a non-white guy saying it directed at a black guy there are definitely racial stuff that will come up, just like if you throw (white, mexican, PR, Russian) on the front of the word boy it adds some racial icing on the insult that makes the usage more suspect.
              This. I'm from England and don't know why "boy" would be racist.

Comment

**** me. Racism? Calling him boy is racist? For ****'s sake get a life, people.

Comment

Tomorrow mentioning the word black will be labeled as racist.

Go look at some of the comments on WorldStar, that's real racist **** right there. It's like visiting a KKK website except a different shade.

Comment

The racist element to this fight, will probably make it bigger! (But in my opinion Conor Mcgregor is not racist in the slightest! Some of his followers probably are though...

Comment

Working...
                    X