No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather comments on racism allegations against Conor McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    We both know there’s only two types of boys – a white boy and a Cowboy – and I’m not neither.”

And shouldn't that be considered racist since black folks consider 'white boy' to be some kind of cut down?
    Well I guess 1 "could" get technical & say Floyd is 12yrs senior than McGregor. But I get your point.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      With all kidding aside, I was just wondering why is the media trying so hard into turning this event into a black/white thing? With the help of all this free publicity and at the current rate this promotion is going, this has the potential to smash all of the previous PPV events; Even the Pac/May one.
      U ever read Yahoo news? Everything the media puts out has a racial undertone or leaves it open for debate.

Comment

Here is a good read for anyone interested. Talks about some of Conor's past "off color" comments as well as racism in Ireland past and present:

https://medium.com/@Limerick1914/as-...d45#.llr0069ov

Comment

Its just trash talk the media and the fans will make this a black vs white thing like they always do.

Comment

It's just your modern day sensitive people trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Conor clearly didn't mean anything by it, i'd be surprised if he even knows anything racial could be taken from his words.

This is meant to be entertainment for people to enjoy. It's pretty sad when people are trying to make racial issues out of nothing and putting dark clouds over events.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              With all kidding aside, I was just wondering why is the media trying so hard into turning this event into a black/white thing? With the help of all this free publicity and at the current rate this promotion is going, this has the potential to smash all of the previous PPV events; Even the Pac/May one.
              The Media is doing just what they want to do and that is ignite a race war. They want this to come to a head for some reason. Just like making the entire Trump presidency about race when Trump is not a racist and has never been a racist. Closing our borders to protect citizens is not racist. He means to protect all US citizens. Not just white America. People don't get it because they don't want to get it. That's why there's a bogus campaign strengthening every minute of the day and night trying to ruin his presidency even though our country is better economically than it has been since before 911.
              Last edited by Boxing Goat; 07-13-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Conor Mcgregor has been highly influence by black people and their culture, he is not in the slightest bit racist! (I am mixed race and the white side of my family descends from Ireland! (From my experience its not a highly racist country! But of course this match up is going to bring the racist on both sides out of the woodwork, Mcgregor vs Mayweather has shades of Gerry Cooney vs Larry Holmes!)....

Comment

Mcgregor is not racist, this is just america being america.

The fans of both sports should cop on and not fall for this bullsht, its not required to hype a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    black people say white boy all the damn time
                    Goddamn them!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      Conor Mcgregor has been highly influence by black people and their culture, he is not in the slightest bit racist! (I am mixed race and the white side of my family descends from Ireland! (From my experience its not a highly racist country! But of course this match up is going to bring the racist on both sides out of the woodwork, Mcgregor vs Mayweather has shades of Gerry Cooney vs Larry Holmes!)....
                      A white guy named COONey lmao! That should've stopped all racial undertones from the get go.

Comment

Working...
                      X