Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UFC will get into promoting Boxing soon -- Call me crazy but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Haye vs Jimi Manuwa in January 2018
    Jimi Manuwa - "We've talked a lot. Me, Dana, and [David Haye] have talked, we had a conference call in Las Vegas. It's looking like the fight is happening in January-ish, early next year... depending on how the Title shot [scenario plays out], it's either going to be the David Haye fight or the [UFC LHW] Title shot."

Last edited by USMCer; 07-29-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
      Jimi Manuwa - "We've talked a lot. Me, Dana, and [David Haye] have talked, we had a conference call in Las Vegas. It's looking like the fight is happening in January-ish, early next year... depending on how the Title shot [scenario plays out], it's either going to be the David Haye fight or the [UFC LHW] Title shot."

LOL idk about that. Mfer got KTFO tonight.

Comment

Odds that Conor McGregor's next fight will be against Nate Diaz in a BOXING MATCH?

Comment

Having no OFFICIAL BRAND for boxing is what makes it great! (Once boxing becomes run by 1 official governing body, say goodbye to the Rocky Balboa's out there! Or the Cinderella men! Everything will be controlled from a central position, and it will destroy the unhinged working class culture of the sport!

Comment

Never gonna happen. Do you think all of the governing bodies and promoters and everyone else are just going to let UFC come in and take over.

A franchise would have happened long before now if it was possible. Boxing as a business is extremely fragmented and people making money from all over the place and that's how it's going to stay really. It would be almost impossible trying to tie everything up under one franchise without people giving up their end, which isn't gonna happen.

Comment

People are just trying to strike while the iron is hot due to Floyd v Conor.

Once Floyd embarrasses Conor, the appeal of boxer v MMA fighter in the casual market will be gone completely, especially if it's a boxing match anyway.

Comment

Odds that Conor McGregor's next fight will be against Nate Diaz in a BOXING MATCH?
                You're right, I believe they will.

You missed out a key detail in your opening post. Dana White was sporting a shirt throughout the media tour which bore the words 'Zuffa Boxing'

That should tell you where they intend to branch out next

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                  You're right, I believe they will.

You missed out a key detail in your opening post. Dana White was sporting a shirt throughout the media tour which bore the words 'Zuffa Boxing'

That should tell you where they intend to branch out next
                  I know.
                  I started this thread BEFORE I saw Dana wearing that T-shirt. Seeing that, just added to the speculation.

Comment

It's happening....

Comment

Golden Boy on the matter...

Comment

Working...
                      X