Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be next in line as the next great Puerto Rican fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
    Como Garcia mato a Juan Ma? O como mato a Rocky Martinez? LMAO.

Cotto was old now, huh? HAHAHA. Excuse after excuse. I love it.

Margarito will always be remembered as the second God father of P.R. Eat it, papi!
    No como Juanma le hizo a Daniel Ponce De Leon.

Everyone calling Cotto a washed fighter before the fight, and he gave Canela hell. And Canela is suppose to be in is peak.

Margarito will always be Mejicos most fraud fighter. Will neva be in da mejico books for anything besides cheating.

Comment

Good Question! Where the FUK are the Rican Fighters? They're missed that is for sure I miss that Cotto ERA! Rican Fighters are NEEDED in the sport of boxing for sure!

I don't see Verdejo being that guy even if he beats Flanagan but he could be a Star and a Draw if he wins that belt and Arum match him up carefully!

Comment

Subriel "browny" Matias

I think this guy has something worth looking at

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
          Great fighters and champions from Puerto Rico have been constant for as long as I remember. From guys like Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfred Benitez, Rosario, Camacho, Felix Trinidad and Miguel Cotto.

But their hasn't been a prospect or fighter that looks like a sucessor to carry on the tradition.

Juanma looked the part but then started getting knocked out fight after fight.

Thomas Dulorme was looked at as a succesor to Cotto but we saw what happened when he stepped up in class.

Danny Garcia is the closest to have becoming the succesor but he has had lackluster performances and never captured the imagination and most recently lost to Thurman.

Del Valle crumbled when he stepped up.
          Verdejo looked to be the guy, but has recently been looking mediocre and shakey against average opponents. Maybe he can rebound we will see, but my confidence on him is not high.

Machado looks good, has a big punch and needs to show he can compete with the top guys as his level of competition increases.

And recently an 18 year old kid named Joseph "Blessed Hands" Adorno signed with Top Rank last November. Has 4 fights in, 4 KO's in the 1st round. Had a really good amateur record for a young kid and is being trained by Robert Garcia and his father.

It's been a long drought. I'm waiting to see who the next great Puerto Rican fighter is to carry the torch.

Are there any other Puerto Rican fighters or prospects you guys know of that we should keep an eye on?
          You should check on Subriel Matias and Danielito Zorilla, but there alot prospects actually.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Subriel "browny" Matias

I think this guy has something worth looking at

Yep a really good prospect and i like Danielito Zorilla too...

Comment

Thanks for the info on other Puerto Rican boxers and prospects, I'll look them up and keep an eye out.

Comment

Just looked up a few of these prospects you guys mentioned. Thanks!

Besides what I already knew about I was unaware of some of these dudes.

Ok, ok, I feel a little better knowing we've got a good amount of prospects to keep an eye on. I knew there were more Puerto Rican posters on this Forum, I'm glad I brought you guys out. And Thanks for sharing all the info on all of the fighters and prospects of Puerto Rico and of Puerto Rican descent.

As you know boxing is rich in our mother land Puerto Rico and I thought there were very few prospects.

But out of all these dudes named on this thread. Someone has to rise up and take the throne, right? Lol

Any other names to throw out there?

Thanks again guys, I'm going to make a list of all these names mentioned and keep an eye on them. Good Looking out mi gente!

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                  Miguel Cruz is the only hope for PR. Thats not to make it sound like he sucks he actually a great prospect and a real fighter.

List of P.R. potential:

Subriel "Browny" Matias Matthews
                  Danielito "El Zorro" Zorilla
                  Miguel Cruz
                  Alberto "El Explosivo" Machado
                  Joseph "Blessed Hands" Adorno
                  Jesus Rojas
                  Christopher "Pitufo" Diaz
                  Felix "El Diamante" Verdejo

There may be others that I'm not aware of. But some of these dudes on this list I was just made aware of today. Somebody has to emerge from this list, right? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                    Verdejos problems started when hr broke his hands vs najera after that fight he hasnt looked good at all. I saw someone mention in another thread to you that machado would beat loma cause hes 5'11 and has great power but thats ludacris. Loma is skill levels above this kid and loma has fought walters whos actually kod champions and who also has a longer reach than machado. Machado looks good so far but i wanna see him vs better competition. From watching videos and reading about adorno he looks to be one to watch out for. Wayy to early but im going to say this guy is a future champ in the making. Theres also a couple of other ricans from philly and one from new jersey that are said to be good prospects and are starting their careers.

Look up these dudes as well as potential impact future of boxing of P.R.

Daniel "El Zorro" Zorilla

Miguel Alejandro Cruz

Last edited by The Time; 07-11-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Good Question! Where the FUK are the Rican Fighters? They're missed that is for sure I miss that Cotto ERA! Rican Fighters are NEEDED in the sport of boxing for sure!

I don't see Verdejo being that guy even if he beats Flanagan but he could be a Star and a Draw if he wins that belt and Arum match him up carefully!

Check out these guys when you get a chance:

Miguel Alejandro Cruz

Alberto "El Explosivo" Machado

Danielito "El Zorro" Zorilla

Joseph "Blessed Hands" Adorno

Somebody's got to come up eventually. Keep your eye on these guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X