Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why haven't Ward and Stevenson called each other out yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
    they made a black power pact and will enver face each other, just like bradley and crawford did, just like ward and dirrel did, broner and warren (not that anyone was calling for it but that pact is made)
    Like De La Hoya made with his wife never to face a Puerto Rican fighter so he wouldn't have to fight Cotto?

Comment

Beef between jay z's rocnation who promote ward and stevensons advisor al haymon stemming from al haymon doing beyonce concerts back in the day

Comment

Stevenson was even willing to go back down to 168 after he beat Dawson to fight Ward. It was part of a 2 fight HBO deal where the first fight would be in Oakland and the second in Montreal. Ward said "Nah, I'm good"

Ward can say what he wants about Stevenson now but I remember he's never wanted any parts of Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Like De La Hoya made with his wife never to face a Puerto Rican fighter so he wouldn't have to fight Cotto?
          lol truth hurts huh. Why its not you lmfao.

but hey maybe its the fact you compare females to professional black boxers lmfao. Oscar wife = ward,broner,etc etc in your eyes lmfao. I knew blacks were shook but never knew to what levels.

Hey larry was talking **** about your kids again in the lounge why dont you apologize to him again maybe he'll stop lol.

Comment

Unification this year

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Stevensons people are unable or unwilling to work beyond showtime.

Ward is never going to fight another legitimate lhw. I guarantee that much.

Yea, he wasn't supposed to fight Kovalev or rematch him either.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                lol truth hurts huh. Why its not you lmfao.

but hey maybe its the fact you compare females to professional black boxers lmfao. Oscar wife = ward,broner,etc etc in your eyes lmfao. I knew blacks were shook but never knew to what levels.

Hey larry was talking **** about your kids again in the lounge why dont you apologize to him again maybe he'll stop lol.
                One fighter, however, De La Hoya has no intention of fighting is Cotto, even if he defeats Mosley..."I promised my wife I wouldn't fight any Puerto Ricans," he said, noting that he lives with Millie in her native Puerto Rico, where she is a pop music star. "So, I don't think so. The fight would be great. We would stand toe-to-toe. But I can't do it. It's not because I would be afraid of Cotto or not want to fight. I think it's out of respect for Millie. I've had these fights and she's been supportive even though she has wanted me to retire. It's my turn to give a little something back. She sincerely asked me not to fight Puerto Rican fighters. So I have to respect that."
                http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/co...dan&id=2999205

He took vows and promised God and his wife fidelity. But we all know how that turned out

Comment

One of the reasons why is because no one takes Stevenson seriously. Not even the fighters take him seriously.

Comment

HBO/Sho issue.

And they've talked about it in separate interviews, conferences. Ward thinks Stevenson is all talk.

Ward feels Stevenson has been champion for 4 years and for one reason or the other, has never fought Kovalev while he already fought him twice in his 2 years at 175. He basically thinks Stevenson isn't really about it and isn't sure if he should waste his time with that and you can't blame him.

I don't blame AS for the Kovalev fight not happening, that's on HBO/Duva. But Ward specifically said "for one read or another", meaning he doesn't care what the reasoning is, it's just how he sees it.

Comment

After Stevenson beat Fonfara for the 2nd time, he was asked what his future plans were and had this to say:

"I'm superman, baby. I'm the champ, baby. I'm the best, baby. I'm superman, baby."

I'm not sure what this means for the chances of a Ward vs. Stevenson fight happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X