Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo fans: Does it concern you a bit that.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
    Size dont mean shit!!!!!!!!!
    Is that what you tell yourself every night to feel better?

Too bad your wife thinks otherwise.

Comment

i dont care what people say, in the pictures there looks like more of a size difference between canelo and golovkin than there was between golovkin and brook. Yet noone seems to thinks its going to make a difference?

Comment

If you are talking about height and reach. GGG is bigger. I think their natural lean fighting weight ia about the same.They will both probably weigh between 167 and 172 pounds on fight night and they both will be lean and hard.Their proper fighting weight is so close to the same that it won't matter. Canelo has an age advantage of 26 to 35.That could make a difference in his favor. I am a huge fan of both boxers but I think GGG will win. I think GGG would have KOed the Lara, Cotto and Trout who gave Canelo hard 12 round fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          i dont care what people say, in the pictures there looks like more of a size difference between canelo and golovkin than there was between golovkin and brook. Yet noone seems to thinks its going to make a difference?
          Brook is taller than Canelo but Canelo is very stocky and naturally bigger weight wise than Brook plus he is a much better fighter and sharper harder puncher than Brook. Brook did a lot of weight lifting to build himself up to middleweight. Canelo lifts weights too but he is a natural powerhouse and more of a true middleweight than Brook who is about right at 154.

Comment

Boxing isn't a great sport for stocky guys, unless they have tremendous punching power to go along with constant head movement, and yes foot movement too.

Canelo's power does not impress me. I do like his ability to hit to the body, and I think this could win him the fight if he can stay out of trouble long enough. But that will be quite difficult.

Comment

All canelo has to do is make it to a decision

Comment

Why would any Canelo fan be concerned about these things? GGG superfans have assured us for some time now that they are about the same size. If not with Canelo actually being bigger...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ruthless View Post
                  Does it concern you that Golovkin looks to be considerably taller and bigger than Canelo, who will be fighting for the 1st time ever at 160?

When was the last time Canelo ever fought someone naturally bigger?

Jacobs on the otherhand was actually taller and bigger than Golovkin.

How will this dynamic affect the fight?

I think there is a very real chance that Golovkin hurts the much smaller Canelo early and blows him out the water.
                  Didn't he just fight Chavez? I'd say he's considerably bigger

Comment

Remember how Wladimir looked taller than Anthony Joshua at all the pre-fight face-offs? Then on fight night he actually looked a little shorter because he wasn't wearing the lifts. Maybe Golovkin is wearing lifts here. Isn't GGG only 5"10 ?

Anyway, I'm hoping Golovkin wins and I think he will , BUT Canelo has a good chance now. He's improved a lot and he's very likely at his peak. This isn't going to be easy for Golovkin by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I'm more of a GGG guy than a Canelo guy, but this fight won't be won or lost on size. This fight will be won or lost on Canelo's ability to make GGG miss more punches than he's ever missed before with his elusive upper body movement & defense + and probably most importantly Canelo's ability to make GGG pay for those missed punches to the point of making him hesitate & throw less & less of them as the fight goes on.

I think Canelo is going to be able to do that & I don't think it hurts him that judges have been favorable to him in the past making his margin or error with the success of this strategy much wider.

That said if Canelo isn't making GGG miss a ton & this is a battle in the trenches type war GGG is much more likely to win & I'd personally favor him in that sorta fight, but that has more to do with his superior power & aggression than his size.
                      I like this analysis...you can add ggg's jab to the mix. That'll be the first thing canelo has to deal with. Ggg's slight reach advantage will pose a problem for canelo who is a bit flat footed and doesn't use his legs that well. His reliance on his upper body movement to stay in counter punching range could be his undoing if ggg decides to not be over aggressive and stay behind his jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X