No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fortune: Horn Fought Better Than We Ever Thought He Would

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Don't remember when first seeing Carmen. Try a fighter in this century, maybe who you're debating may have a better recollection. I just expressed my opinion as to Horn's connect percentage and overall boxing knowledge. Like Atlas said, he certainly didn't deserve to win. You don't give trophies for a spirited performance. And no, I don't think the kid will go far. Thurman would easily outbox him, Porter would beat him down, Spence Jr would KO him, as would Brook. He certainly isn't elite, nor will he ever be IMO. If you disagree, fine. No big deal either way to me.

As far as the matchup, it was just Unkle Bob maneuvering Manny around to Uncle Bob's advantage... nothing more. The sport will be better off when Bob's no longer involved in it.
    Bob will put him in with Crawford after the Pac rematch...

I think he'll hold his own with some of the top Cats...

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Don't remember when first seeing Carmen. Try a fighter in this century, maybe who you're debating may have a better recollection. I just expressed my opinion as to Horn's connect percentage and overall boxing knowledge. Like Atlas said, he certainly didn't deserve to win. You don't give trophies for a spirited performance. And no, I don't think the kid will go far. Thurman would easily outbox him, Porter would beat him down, Spence Jr would KO him, as would Brook. He certainly isn't elite, nor will he ever be IMO. If you disagree, fine. No big deal either way to me.

As far as the matchup, it was just Unkle Bob maneuvering Manny around to Uncle Bob's advantage... nothing more. The sport will be better off when Bob's no longer involved in it.

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
      Bob will put him in with Crawford after the Pac rematch... I think he'll hold his own with some of the top Cats...
      I'm of the belief Pac has had enough of Unkee Bob's b.s., and will just split from his greedy carcass soon as the contract is up. And it would be the best decision Pac and his people ever made. Manny has some personality flaws, the biggest being he lets people take advantage of him. If he got past that, it would improve his quality of life immensely. There are some fighters Manny could hang well with. I don't know if Crawford would be one of em, haveta give it some thought. But there are still many options.

Comment

Working...
      X