Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Deontay Wilder 'An Embarrassement to Heavyweight Boxing'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    As if Wilder will go anywhere near Luis Ortiz lol, he's made a career from avoiding anyone with a pulse.
    It's either that or relinquish the WBC title belt. If you were him which would you decide?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
      Quote:

Originally Posted by denium

As if Wilder will go anywhere near Luis Ortiz lol, he's made a career from avoiding anyone with a pulse.

It's either that or relinquish the WBC title belt. If you were him which would you decide?
      I can't see him fighting Ortiz in any situation. I remember him crying about having to go to Russia to fight that Russian midget and that was for big money. Ortiz doesn't bring any money to the table.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Wilder aint got anyone by the balls, Hearn will just crush him when it comes to the Joshua/Wilder offer.
        Judging by these negotiations, money means absolutely dip to him. What he wants now, it's not so much a fat paycheck from Hearn but to become the undisputed Heavyweight champion of the world.

For that opportunity alone, he'll probably be willing to take a third of what he is being currently offered right now for the Whyte fight. However as we all know Hearn will never do that because Wilder is too dangerous of an opponent for Anthony Joshua.

It's all about belts and not the money son. As goes the belts then comes the demand and then subsequently the money. Wilder has made that position very clear to Eddie Hearn, even before these Whyte negotiations ever started.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          I can't see him fighting Ortiz in any situation. I remember him crying about having to go to Russia to fight that Russian midget and that was for big money. Ortiz doesn't bring any money to the table.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          You're wrong man! Now you are just making up things. Wilder made several attempts to go to Moscow in order to defend his belt against Povetkin but what happened? You already know what happened. He kept testing positive for PEDS. His test were constantly coming back dirty because he was juicing.

That's why Bermane Stiverne is suing and in current litigation with him and his Team now and also why he stole that #1 contender slot for the WBC title from Povetkin because he's a steroid cheat.

Comment

Hold on, whats this video from the week before they made the offer.

Comment

Whyte is a pretty honest talking guy, and yes Wilder is a total b1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Hold on, whats this video from the week before they made the offer.

I just wish that Wilder will cross the pond and collect that easy pay day in order to shut this clown down. Then we'll see what excuses Hearn will have then by not offering the Anthony Joshua fight to Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  So king isn't willing to accept step aside money for Bernard stiverne? Then they should make the rematch happen and let's stop this ducking accusations now. Because this stuff looks like he is ducking Whyte.
                  It only appears like that because a lot of people don't seem to picking up on the ~"options" part of Hearns offer imo.

This proposition isnt about Whyte, who Hearns must surely know is a limited B/C class fighter. It's about being in control of the Wilder-Joshua fight.

Let Hearns put that money up as a one-fight only deal, no options if he really thinks Whyte will win.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    I just wish that Wilder will cross the pond and collect that easy pay day in order to shut this clown down. Then we'll see what excuses Hearn will have then by not offering the Anthony Joshua fight to Deontay Wilder.
                    I think its happening, just think Wilders trying to squeeze as much as he can out of it

Comment

Wilder & his team have had 2yrs to sort out this rematch, instead they have just paid him off every 6 months. No ones fault but his own when money fights come calling and he cant take them.

I personally don't think we will see Wilder in any legit fights for sometime. If he does fight Stiverne soon, that leaves maybe 1 fight at Christmas time and I really cant see that being A unification match. Maybe that could be with Whyte prob not though as he wants 7Mill lol.

Basically "IF" he steps up next year, we may see him fight someone relevant like Parker if he still has his belt. Reason being that Wilder would be the A-side I:E it would be in USA, and he'd demand the larger % of the purse. That wouldn't happen with A Joshua fight, Wilder would be the B-side, hence why I think that never happens.

I have a feeling that Wilder will be the next Sven Ottke of the boxing world though unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                      X