No announcement yet.

Watching Manny fight last night made me sad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Manny fight last night made me sad

His combos are gone, his speed has dropped dramatically, His accuracy has diminished and he doesn't spin his opponents with his footwork like he use to. Manny was literally looking for one shot last night, he is not what i would call shot but he is not elite anymore at all. I see why Arum won't match him with anyone not in his stable and was pushing for this Horn fight so bad.

Manny has had a great career but when you even have a close fight with someone of Horn's caliber and you are an ATG fighter then it is time to retire. Manny made it from nothing in life and has lived his dream but the ride is over.

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
    His combos are gone, his speed has dropped dramatically, His accuracy has diminished and he doesn't spin his opponents with his footwork like he use to. Manny was literally looking for one shot last night, he is not what i would call shot but he is not elite anymore at all. I see why Arum won't match him with anyone not in his stable and was pushing for this Horn fight so bad.

Manny has had a great career but when you even have a close fight with someone of Horn's caliber and you are an ATG fighter then it is time to retire. Manny made it from nothing in life and has lived his dream but the ride is over.
    It Is always extremely difficult to watch a once great fighter diminish.

Comment

The teacher beat the preacher.

Comment

I'm not even a fan of the guy and a minute in after waking up I was reminded of the fight, felt really shitty right away. It's just one of those things we're always gonna experience as fans of the sport.

Comment

I think it's only going to get worse. Pacquiao will still be fighting in 5 years

Comment

It was a good fight, a weird fight for me, on one hand I was happy for Horn exceeding anybodies expectations but at the same time I felt saddened seeing how far gone Manny was.
            I just hope he has made plenty and retires happily now I'd hate to see him sign a new contract and talks of Crawford, Spence and the likes restart which would no doubt happen. It wouldn't end well.
            Last edited by dan_cov; 07-02-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Last night I had the same terrible feeling I had in Jones-Tarver I. I realized that the Jones of elite all time greatness was gone and replaced by a 2nd or 3rd tier of that fighter. Manny not being able to pull the trigger was like watching a Bald Eagle who can no longer hunt for his food as well. It was very sad to see.

In light of all I've said, Manny still landed twice the punches as a guy a decade younger and damn sure didn't lose that fight. I don't give two sh@ts what any judges say. Just like Manny-Bradley I, Manny was plain robbed.

Comment

Best thing that could have happened to Manny. Go out with a trilogy to Horn and stay the he'll away from Spence, Thurman and Crawford. He would get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post

I didnt. I see homeless people, jobless people on the street and if you think about Pac, he has two high profile jobs, the admiration of a country or two and has many millions of dollars and would not have to work another day in his life if he didnt want to. He is one hell of a fortunate man and probably went to bed in silk pajamas last night and watched a TV in a room filled with things that are probably worth 10 times more than my 2016 Chevy Equinox, and my car is probably worth 10 times what many poor people have to their name so I know what being fortunate is too.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-02-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

It made me sad too. Though I'm a Floyd fan I've always admired Manny. I thought he barely won last night but his jab seemed non existent and his left appeared to have nothing on it. I hope he retires. He's had a great career.

Comment

Working...
                    X