Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn Shocks Manny Pacquiao in Blood-Filled Upset!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to re-watch this **** is like everyone here saw a different fight probably they watched it with fan boy glasses talking about Pacquiao beat horn up . That was an easy 115-113 for horn and that's being generous to Pacquiao. He looked sloppy and old had nothing to hurt horn with a guy who's been down 2 of his last 3 fights.

Love Manny been a fan for many years, but if that's his best right now either Horn is wayyy wayyy better than he looks or Manny should retire.

Comment

• No need for a rematch EVERYONE knows who won. It's time to retire, he's a top 5 Welterweight still but no longer the phenom. He's like Gretzky Magic or Montana at 38. He's the best of his generation, I will miss the action and excitement that he always gave us and this is what makes us love this sport

Comment

• Oh well, that's how it goes in boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
          yeah, that ninth round, that's how pac used too fight 1 - 12. maybe he's not got the energy at his age, maybe he's got all he wants and just doesn't have the desire, who knows...

i think he should fight crawford, thurman, or spence to see if that spark still exists...
          It's nothing to do with spark. If he didn't have the spark he wouldn't have gone for it in the 9th in the first place. You could tell he was gassed after that one rally for like 60 seconds. Stamina is gone. Even Atlas who was praising Pacquiao all night said that Pacquiao had punched himself out in the 9th. "Punched himself out" was NEVER something anyone ever said about Pacquiao in his prime. He could go at you like that the entire fight, that's what made him so good, that's why we all wanted to see him fight Floyd who didn't have a ton of power to stop him coming forward when Cotto etc couldn't, so it would have been amazing fight. But we never got to see that Pacquiao against Floyd.

Comment

• I was rooting for old man pac, but he did not look good in there with the kid. Maybe it was a styles thing or maybe he's through at the elite level.

Comment

• I gave the fight to Horn. Horn won 7 rounds to Manny's 5. Good decision.

Comment

• The kind of good action fight that would attract the interest of casual fans and have them hungry to see more, only for them to immediately drop that interest on hearing the so called result. Boxing is hurting itself badly with this kind of official scoring. Could be much worse to come. Maybe the game should brace itself for an untouched Mayweather getting edged out 117-111 by McGregor across the cards.

Comment

• Anyway, I have to say I was impressed by the heart and the stamina of Horn, he was relentless from start to finish, costantly moving and trowing.

At least he didn't gas out half way like many do. It takes something to go 12 rounds at that intensity.

Comment

• Judges can come up with the same scores but let's see how many rounds they scored the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by InvalidUserID View Post
                      Boxing is a joke.
                      But the UFC is a way bigger joke, they even pooh in front of everyone... in every sense of the word

Comment

Working...
                      X