No announcement yet.

Inoki ruined Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Inoki should be ashamed. The ifght was set up as an exhibition, where Ali would do a lil bit of his boxing, INoki could do a lil bit of his play fighting and it would go to the cards. Instead, Inoki, as unprofessional as always, went out trying to severely injure a man who had come over to make a quick buck and have a laugh.

Inoki pulled this stunt at various points in his "wrestling" career.
    So there has been other instances like his fight with Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
      That Ali could do even relatively well after the Inoki fight is a true testimony to his greatness.
      I agree, Shavers was a damn great puncher (arguably GOAT), Norton was Ali worse match up in style and Leon Spinks tarnished his legacy during his career, but he was a pretty talented boxer back then and olympic champion.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        I agree, Shavers was a damn great puncher (arguably GOAT), Norton was Ali worse match up in style and Leon Spinks tarnished his legacy during his career, but he was a pretty talented boxer back then and olympic champion.
        I wouldn't say Spinks tarnished his legacy. A prime Ali would always have defeated Spinks and all fans know that. Even if Ali was shot, though, one gotta respect Spinks for what he did.

Comment

Inoki should be ashamed. The ifght was set up as an exhibition, where Ali would do a lil bit of his boxing, INoki could do a lil bit of his play fighting and it would go to the cards. Instead, Inoki, as unprofessional as always, went out trying to severely injure a man who had come over to make a quick buck and have a laugh.

Inoki pulled this stunt at various points in his "wrestling" career.
          This...Watched the fight the other day, Ali probably threw ten jabs the whole fight, he was trying to be a shows man....

Comment

I wouldn't say Spinks tarnished his legacy. A prime Ali would always have defeated Spinks and all fans know that. Even if Ali was shot, though, one gotta respect Spinks for what he did.
            I was referring to Spinks tarnishing his own legacy, he was lazy, a drug addict and ended losing to bums and broken, he even lost to a debutant once.

Comment

So there has been other instances like his fight with Ali?
              Yeah, within the wrestling industry that. Basically, when he had an opponent he didn't like or someone who refused to play ball, he could be very unrpofessional and start striking the individual for real. Remember ,Japanese wrestling, just like the wwe stuff is supposed to be play fighting, not an actual combat sport.

Comment

Yeah, within the wrestling industry that. Basically, when he had an opponent he didn't like or someone who refused to play ball, he could be very unrpofessional and start striking the individual for real. Remember ,Japanese wrestling, just like the wwe stuff is supposed to be play fighting, not an actual combat sport.
                Japanese wrestling is messed up

remind me of this from a couple years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  Japanese wrestling is messed up

remind me of this from a couple years ago

I used to watch it back in the day and Japanese wrestling used to be quite hard hitting and let's be honest, really unprofessional but the bigger brands have since cleaned up their acts, although silly **** still happens.

In terms of this video, whyd they put a fat man in the ring with a skinny woman? lol

Comment

Working...
                  X