Nigel Benn returns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50/50 matchup, much better fight than mayweather v the leprauchorn

Comment

It kind of puts it into perspective how incredible Hopkins was, even if he did get knocked out of the ring.

Nigel Benn is only a year older than him and been retired since the 90's and even the thought of him fighting another guy in his 50s, also retired for 2 decades seems madness. Yet Hopkins was still fighting young guys at basically the same age.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        So, I suppose Mike Tyson also made a 'return' since McBride fight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk505HG-giY)

If they do fight, it will be an exhibition that won't be sanctioned by the BBBoC.

Nevertheless, here is what Nigel has to say.

If you wana call that tyson returning to the ring, sure, why not but there is a world of difference between exhibitions and proper professional bouts. Dont get carried away mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          It kind of puts it into perspective how incredible Hopkins was, even if he did get knocked out of the ring.

Nigel Benn is only a year older than him and been retired since the 90's and even the thought of him fighting another guy in his 50s, also retired for 2 decades seems madness. Yet Hopkins was still fighting young guys at basically the same age.
          Yep, this type of longevity (add in Moore, Wlad, posisbly Mayweather) is exceptional but its also important t oremember than Benn retired quite early (only 32) AND was burned out through years of alcohol and drug abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            If you wana call that tyson returning to the ring, sure, why not but there is a world of difference between exhibitions and proper professional bouts. Dont get carried away mate.
            That's my point. I can't see it being anything but an exhibition match between Nigel and Steve.

It might be a 6 rounder and I would be very surprised if it gets noted in their official records.

A return, in my mind, is what Vitali did against Samuel Peter.

As johnny nelson said, they really should do it in a gym without cameras.

However, Nigel thinks he has something to prove (show) to people, so I don't blame him. He chased Eubank for years. Now he can do it with Steve, get done with it, and enjoy life in Australia being happy. I don't think it has anything to do with making money.

It reminds me of Rocky story against Dixon..

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              That's my point. I can't see it being anything but an exhibition match between Nigel and Steve.

It might be a 6 rounder and I would be very surprised if it gets noted in their official records.

A return, in my mind, is what Vitali did against Samuel Peter.

As johnny nelson said, they really should do it in a gym without cameras.

However, Nigel thinks he has something to prove (show) to people, so I don't blame him. He chased Eubank for years. Now he can do it with Steve, get done with it, and enjoy life in Australia being happy. I don't think it has anything to do with making money.

It reminds me of Rocky story against Dixon..
              If its just an exhibition then it might happen. If it is a full fledged pro bout then I do not think the BBBoC will approve.

Comment

If Benn is half the fighter he used to be, it'll be twice as good as what we see today mostly.

Comment

I only wish prime Benn was active today at his best he was one tough ****er loved his style so crude but his heart and toughness won him a lot of fights

Comment

He'd blow away the hittable GGG and the small Canelo, and the average Saunders. He'd rip right through Groves, pin DeGale to the ropes and batter him...

Comment

Originally posted by repsa View Post
                      Harder coming back than he realizes.
                      Nigel Benn in his 50's, against Steve Collins in his 50's, gets stopped or quits inside of 7 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X