Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Wants Adonis Stevenson After Nathan Cleverly Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
    bute also failed drug tests for that fight with jack! He was on that juice
    That special chin juice?? I couldn't think of anyone Jack ever knocked out so i checked and Rogelio Medina is the only semi known fighter he stopped. If Jack has success at 175 it won't be because of power, he'll be the same he was at 168, good skills and a hard worker.

Comment

Stevenson needs to do whatever it takes to fight Ward next. Superman could win or lose to Beterbiev, Kovalev, or Jack. Kov has his strange infatuation with hbo so he's not happening. Losing to Beterbiev or Jack or even Joe Smith is a big loss for a 39 year old. A win over anyone not named Kovalev or Ward is what Adonis is supposed to do and do easily. And Joe Smith the professional boxer will bring about as much money as a fight against Joe Smith, my barber.

I know Haymon and Jaz-Z got beef, but if they are both gonna be in the tiny world of pro boxing promoters they need to put the past in the past and work together.

I'm not going to start another argument over who was to blame Stevenson or Kovalev, because it does not matter now. What matters is Kov has been in with better quality opponents before Ward and now with two fights against Ward, Adonis no leverage for Ward or Kov. No reason to even fight Kovalev now and Ward was layed up with injuries and promoter problems for two years while Superman was champ. Ward comes back and fights Kov. Yea, you gotta negotiate to get the big fights to make the best fights, and Ward has shown he is willing to do that. Stevenson has four years of horrible opponents and even his fans -like me- cannot defend him if he fails to fight Ward next.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
        i think haymon manages jack and stevenson so it might be easy to make! Also if you noticed after stevenson stopped fonfora they asked him about alvarez and stevenson totally ducked that question and said i will do whatever my manager wants me to do! So im guessing alvarez will get ducked again and jack will get the fight! Mayweather promotions will promote that card and i like that fight! Jack keeps surprising people so i think he deserves it if he beats cleverly... stevenson just fought a few weeks ago so its probably too soon of a turn around plus Jack vs Stevenson can be a main event on fox or showtime and im sure mayweather wanted jack to get a tune up at 175 first before throwing him in there with stevenson! maybe Alvarez vs Beterbiev on the undercard??? that would be epic!

Yes, Stevenson-Jack would be very easy and under normal circumstances it would be the next logical fight. But Stevenson captured the lineal crown in emphatic fashion. Then Kov came and also dazzled fans and spectators. Then Adonis signed with Haymon and Showtime and so it didn't happen. Then Kov and Duva begged to be Adonis's mandatory even though that is extremely rare to make a champ of a different ABC even ranked. Then Kov and Duva said no, no, on second thought, they didn't want to fight Superman. Then Stevenson said he will fight for whoever pays the most. And Kov said he will fight only on hbo and Stevenson has to be happy with whatever hbo decides to pay him.

No it has been 4 or 5 years and Stevenson has wasted and rotted away what should have the been the best years of his career. God dang, is Stevenson NEVER has a big fight, that is just a waste of a career and especially when he became champ and had everyone awed.

If Stevenson does not fight Ward next, then let him retire. Kov was to blame for a lot no doubt. But if Stevenson can't reach a deal with Duva and Main Events and with Jaz-Z and Roc Nation, we know Haymon and Arum aren't working together more than necessary. There are two possibilities for Stevenson: 1) Fight Ward next and win or lose, he had a great career or 2) He doesn't fight Ward next and ends up losing to someone with less of a name for a lot less either next or within the next two, three years at the very most. If Stevenson doesn't fight Ward, he will go down in history as the perfect example of wasting an entire career and making everyone dislike you.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.cool View Post
          yes, stevenson-jack would be very easy and under normal circumstances it would be the next logical fight. But stevenson captured the lineal crown in emphatic fashion. Then kov came and also dazzled fans and spectators. Then adonis signed with haymon and showtime and so it didn't happen. Then kov and duva begged to be adonis's mandatory even though that is extremely rare to make a champ of a different abc even ranked. Then kov and duva said no, no, on second thought, they didn't want to fight superman. Then stevenson said he will fight for whoever pays the most. And kov said he will fight only on hbo and stevenson has to be happy with whatever hbo decides to pay him.

No it has been 4 or 5 years and stevenson has wasted and rotted away what should have the been the best years of his career. God dang, is stevenson never has a big fight, that is just a waste of a career and especially when he became champ and had everyone awed.

If stevenson does not fight ward next, then let him retire. Kov was to blame for a lot no doubt. But if stevenson can't reach a deal with duva and main events and with jaz-z and roc nation, we know haymon and arum aren't working together more than necessary. There are two possibilities for stevenson: 1) fight ward next and win or lose, he had a great career or 2) he doesn't fight ward next and ends up losing to someone with less of a name for a lot less either next or within the next two, three years at the very most. If stevenson doesn't fight ward, he will go down in history as the perfect example of wasting an entire career and making everyone dislike you.
          i agree with all your points! Thanks for looking at it from both sides which is rare these days... If stevenson doesnt fight at least jack and alvarez in 2018 he is done to me! I dont think he will fight ward but i hope im wrong! Haymon has jack, stevenson and beterbiev! Those 3 need to fight each other asap!

Comment

Originally posted by kingmaker View Post
            that special chin juice?? I couldn't think of anyone jack ever knocked out so i checked and rogelio medina is the only semi known fighter he stopped. If jack has success at 175 it won't be because of power, he'll be the same he was at 168, good skills and a hard worker.
            ped's can absorb bigger punches than you usually would.... If jack can drop degale he sure as hell can drop bute... But like i said bute failed a drug test after that fight and wbc vacated that tie which was a robbery in the first place and gave the win to jack.... I think jack vs cleverly and jack vs stevenson are next in that order

Comment

That said if stevenson do ko jack he will make it in my top 10 p4p even if i dont like him. He would become unified champ at 175, ko current WBC cruserweight and the best 168 in jack. Imo it would be impressive. Btw bellew said to michel the best boxer he ever fought was Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                Badou vs Adonis this summer. Make it happen, please!
                More chance of Stevenson taking a fight with Jack than with Ward imo.

Comment

I like Jack. Stevenson-Jack would be a decent scrap.

Comment

Working...
                  X