Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People claiming eastern euro "phase" is "done", sad news for you..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Govovkin works on inside fighting a lot as you can see in his training videos with Abel. That's one of the reasons why I think he has been one of the more successful fighters.

But I think in general, fighters coming out of the amateurs have struggled with inside fighting. Even Lara and Khan who were great amateurs struggled to learn that facet of the game.

I am interested to see if these new fighters coming out of the amateurs are better equipped for the pro game.
    You're right that the out-fighter to in-fighter ratio is a little more skewed in favour of out-fighters in the ams, probably as a vestige from the old point scoring system, but all I'm saying is that in-fighting definitely gets a fair representation these days. Cuba and the UK are two countries notorious for neglecting this side of the game - far more so than the Russians and co. - yet even they have fighters like Arlen Lopez, Robeisy Ramirez and Joe Joyce who thrive in the trenches. If you tune in to the World Championships at the end of August - which is now a better tournament than the Olympics since the latter will be removing two men's weight classes in 2020 - I'm sure you will see plenty of battles taking place up close and personal

And yeah I think the fighters for whom the majority of their amateur career came after 2013 will be able to adapt to the pro game much quicker than in the past

Comment

Working...
    X