No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Kermit Cintron, Tyrone Brunson Ready For Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
    Your comment screams you're oblivious who Kermit Cintron is. Emmanuel Steward said for his size, he was the hardest puncher at the Kronk. His descend from his championship days began with his defeat at the hands of the cheat, Antonio Margarito, not once but twice. I don't expect you to know that, your "prospect" comment states how young you are or how little you know about the sweet science.
    Originally posted by suzuky23 View Post
    Good Prospect ? what you been smoking , the man was a world champion ....
    I think you guys misunderstood what he meant.

I think what he meant was that as a prospect (when he was one) he showed more potential than what he actually achieved. In other words, he looked like he would reach higher heights.

Comment

You're not really buying that excuse are you? The man won and lost his titles to a cheat. Very hard to gauge how much those fights took out of him. Kermit was annihilating people until he went up against the cheat both times. If that isn't true, the man was 24-0 with 22 KO's when he faced the cheat the first time. Took an undeserved TKO only to win his next 5 fights by TKO or KO and regain his IBF belt. He took his 2nd undeserved TKO and lost his championship belt against the cheat again. That doesn't reflect a prospect, the man was still wrecking folks even after his first L.

Take Cotto for example. That L took a lot out of him. He got the rare opportunity to avenge that loss in style and his career surged again. The same opportunity hasn't presented for Kermit. May be too late to fight the upper echelon talent but he was always a great fighter and his potential reign is unknown had he not faced the cheat.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      I think you guys misunderstood what he meant.

I think what he meant was that as a prospect (when he was one) he showed more potential than what he actually achieved. In other words, he looked like he would reach higher heights.

Comment

You're not really buying that excuse are you? The man won and lost his titles to a cheat. Very hard to gauge how much those fights took out of him. Kermit was annihilating people until he went up against the cheat both times. If that isn't true, the man was 24-0 with 22 KO's when he faced the cheat the first time. Took an undeserved TKO only to win his next 5 fights by TKO or KO and regain his IBF belt. He took his 2nd undeserved TKO and lost his championship belt against the cheat again. That doesn't reflect a prospect, the man was still wrecking folks even after his first L.

Take Cotto for example. That L took a lot out of him. He got the rare opportunity to avenge that loss in style and his career surged again. The same opportunity hasn't presented for Kermit. May be too late to fight the upper echelon talent but he was always a great fighter and his potential reign is unknown had he not faced the cheat.
        However you wanna look at it, the guy had a valid point. Cintron looked superb as a prospect and never reached that level that he looked like he could reach.

Plus you're going off speculations anyway. There's no way of knowing whether Margarito was cheating or not but that's a whole different convo that I have 0 interest in.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
          Prospect in the sense of possibly being a great champion that everyone would know. Normal people dont know who he is. Mentally damaged now. He should of ruled the welterweight division with his size and reach alone.
          Jfc you are going wide as f#ck with your definitions. "Normal people" don't know 99% of the guys we talk about here. "Normal people" might know 5 active boxers at any given time maximum.

Guy was a title holder & legit contender. Don't gotta be sucking his dick to say that about the guy.

Comment

If I'm speculating, then Margarito is the prospect in this conversation because he never proved he could win a championship fight or meaningful fight after Mosley exposed his wraps and beat him like a running mule.

You're right, conversation over.

However you wanna look at it, the guy had a valid point. Cintron looked superb as a prospect and never reached that level that he looked like he could reach.

Plus you're going off speculations anyway. There's no way of knowing whether Margarito was cheating or not but that's a whole different convo that I have 0 interest in.

Comment

Your comment screams you're oblivious who Kermit Cintron is. Emmanuel Steward said for his size, he was the hardest puncher at the Kronk. His descend from his championship days began with his defeat at the hands of the cheat, Antonio Margarito, not once but twice. I don't expect you to know that, your "prospect" comment states how young you are or how little you know about the sweet science.
              wraps or no wraps Margarito would still beat the crap out of the frog... period

Comment

the frog was always mentally weak..we've seen it three or four times.. remember the first fight against the Tornado?? he was all cokey entering the ring thinking.. i'm gonna knock this fool out.. but after two or three rounds hitting HARD punches on Margarito's jaw, he was ohhhh shoot!!! this fool can take it.. but some people always bring up the cheating subject to alleviate a little the pain they feel that Margarito in Fact put a BEATING on cotto and the frog..

Comment

If I'm speculating, then Margarito is the prospect in this conversation because he never proved he could win a championship fight or meaningful fight after Mosley exposed his wraps and beat him like a running mule.

You're right, conversation over.
                  I still think you dont actually understand what the guy was trying to say.

Everyone was a prospect at one point, it is not used as an insult. In Cintrons case he was a highly regarded prospect, but in the end didnt achieve what he could have in his boxing career.

Comment

You must have forgotten how the cheat was beaten like a running mule by Cotto WITHOUT wraps. Let's not bring up that poosey again, he's a quitter. He was beaten and quit against Mosley, he folded like a 2 peso chair from Tijuana against Cotto, and he quit against Pacquiao who was like 20 pounds lighter then him on fight night. Yeah that cheat? LMAO!

Tell me again what championship belts or top 50 fighters the cheat has beaten since Mosley exposed him without his wraps...don't bother casual.

Originally posted by johny joe hdz View Post
                    the frog was always mentally weak..we've seen it three or four times.. remember the first fight against the Tornado?? he was all cokey entering the ring thinking.. i'm gonna knock this fool out.. but after two or three rounds hitting HARD punches on Margarito's jaw, he was ohhhh shoot!!! this fool can take it.. but some people always bring up the cheating subject to alleviate a little the pain they feel that Margarito in Fact put a BEATING on cotto and the frog..

Comment

You must have forgotten how the cheat was beaten like a running mule by Cotto WITHOUT wraps. Let's not bring up that poosey again, he's a quitter. He was beaten and quit against Mosley, he folded like a 2 peso chair from Tijuana against Cotto, and he quit against Pacquiao who was like 20 pounds lighter then him on fight night. Yeah that cheat? LMAO!

Tell me again what championship belts or top 50 fighters the cheat has beaten since Mosley exposed him without his wraps...don't bother casual.
                      hahahahah you're right about all that.. but honestly Margo didn't quit. he was beat to a pulp?? yes. but the second fight with cotto both were putting a beating on each other until the ref stop the fight due to margos eye..

and............ FYI I'm not a casual. I've bee following boxing since kid and I registered on this site almost 10 years ago..have a good day mate..

Comment

Working...
                      X