Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Davis vs. Salido Being Eyed For Mayweather-McGregor PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    And I think the Sosa fight was made cause there was no other option? I think Salido was injured wasn't he?
    Sosa was the 3rd option after Corrales and Salido.

Think I read if the Salido fight fell through this time, Ray Beltran is gunna fight him. Another wasted round of fights. Think the only viable options for him for the rest of the year are Mikey Garcia, Flanagan and Rigondeaux, all have said they wanna fight him, its a waste of a year if he doesn't fight one of those by the end of it

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      i don't think it's the date makes no sense it's just a few weeks. There has to be more to story but for over a year top rank has squabbled and screwed around with salido. Based off salido last fight where he got dropped and almost lost to a bum i can't see him beating either guy. He just wants a good paycheck and will fight anyone. But if the money is similar based on all the drama from negotiations i can see salido making the fight with davis instead as a big phuk you to arum. Lol
      way more exposure to a worldwide crossover audience if he fights tank.... He already beat loma he has no desire to rematch him unless the money is great...

Comment

Originally posted by butch.mcrae View Post
        i really like salido. He seems like a truly independent guy. Can't say that for many boxers today. He's definitely trying to count stacks lol he'd probably grab 750k minimum for this fight and could still fight loma later.
        you must be joking lmao! 750k hell no! He will be lucky if he gets half of that! 750K is what badou jack got when he beat degale.... Tank got 75k when he beat pedraza and im guessing he got mid 6 figures when he went to england to beat walsh! so 750 k for salido is unrealistic

Comment

Originally posted by squ□redcircle34 View Post
          this is ingenious to help boost tank's status, image and also his experience!

A win-win for everyone!
          Salido will get the money he wants and a chance at a title and plus more time to train and tank will get a chance to show on the biggest stage to casuals what he's about against the warrior of warriors in orlando salido!

It will be a good fight but tank will be too much for salido at this point!

I'm thinking tank gets the knockout but not sure what round!

It would say a lot since lomachengo couldn't ko salido!

Make it happen!
          exactly! Even if salido loses as long as he puts up a good fight he will get great exposure which he deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
            you must be joking lmao! 750k hell no! He will be lucky if he gets half of that! 750K is what badou jack got when he beat degale.... Tank got 75k when he beat pedraza and im guessing he got mid 6 figures when he went to england to beat walsh! so 750 k for salido is unrealistic
            Check the purses on Mayweather PPV's bro. This isn't some $3 million budget card. They'll all make good money.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
              who said he was a super star??? He sold almost 6 thousand tickets for the degale vs jack card.... Lomachenko has never sold more than 3 thousand tickets.... Thats my point... I didnt call anyone a super star! Tank davis is very famous though for just 17 fights and already has a under armour sponsorship! So like i said lomachenko needs to build his fanbase and sell more tickets! Even salido sells more tickets than lomachenko which is who tank might fight next

You called him a superstar. You said "Loma needs to sell more tickets if he wants a shot at tank the superstar"

I'm not sure how many tickets Loma sells but his viewing figures are decent if my memory serves me correctly. At the point in time they are on the same level, Loma doesn't have to "earn" a fight against him he's already a two division world champion

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                I highly doubt that Floyd would be in a rush to put Tank against Loma.
                I know I was being sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                  You called him a superstar. You said "Loma needs to sell more tickets if he wants a shot at tank the superstar"

I'm not sure how many tickets Loma sells but his viewing figures are decent if my memory serves me correctly. At the point in time they are on the same level, Loma doesn't have to "earn" a fight against him he's already a two division world champion
                  I think their presence in the sport is comparable, but I do think Davis's star is burning slightly brighter based on the growth in his social media following in the last 6 months. He has more IG followers than almost every boxer excluding Floyd, Aj, Canelo, and GGG

Comment

Great fight. Tank by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Sosa was the 3rd option after Corrales and Salido.

Think I read if the Salido fight fell through this time, Ray Beltran is gunna fight him. Another wasted round of fights. Think the only viable options for him for the rest of the year are Mikey Garcia, Flanagan and Rigondeaux, all have said they wanna fight him, its a waste of a year if he doesn't fight one of those by the end of it
                      Was Corrales really an option though? And what happened there?

Comment

Working...
                      X