Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Davis vs. Salido Being Eyed For Mayweather-McGregor PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Was Corrales really an option though? And what happened there?
    Think money was the official reason, Corrales is fighting Stephen Smith after Castellanos though, pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with Lomachenko

Comment

Originally posted by butch.mcrae View Post
      check the purses on mayweather ppv's bro. This isn't some $3 million budget card. They'll all make good money.
      they will make good money i agree but 750k is for bigger weight classes! I doubt salido will get more than 2 or 300k! Thats what he would get to fight loma also!

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Think money was the official reason, Corrales is fighting Stephen Smith after Castellanos though, pretty obvious he wants nothing to do with Lomachenko
        This seems to be a trend now with Lomachenko and TR. Salido was complaining about money too.

Comment

Originally posted by fabes88 View Post
          you called him a superstar. You said "loma needs to sell more tickets if he wants a shot at tank the superstar"

i'm not sure how many tickets loma sells but his viewing figures are decent if my memory serves me correctly. At the point in time they are on the same level, loma doesn't have to "earn" a fight against him he's already a two division world champion
          guillermo rigo is calling out lomachenko so they should just fight already

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I think their presence in the sport is comparable, but I do think Davis's star is burning slightly brighter based on the growth in his social media following in the last 6 months. He has more IG followers than almost every boxer excluding Floyd, Aj, Canelo, and GGG
            Yeah he's on the path to take broners fans now he's on the wane. Definitely appeals to a certain type of boxing fan a lot of my friends who are more casual fans know about Davis. I don't think he's at the point where he can say "I'm not fighting Loma because he's not big enough" yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              I know I was being sarcastic
              Lol oh ok gotcha

Comment

Floyd is seriously pissing off his competition. His fight ****s all over Cotto vs. Kamegai, also on August 26th. It will decrease the PPVs of GGG vs. Canelo too! And now if Salido bails on Loma to fight Tank, I'm sure Bob Arum won't be too happy! I would rather see Tank fight Gary Russell Jr., but Davis vs. Salido would be a very good fight to support the event!

Comment

As much as I hate it as a Lomachenko fan, this is a good move by Salido. Like him or not (not for me), he's been in many entertaining fights. It's time he got paid for his sacrifices.

Comment

It seems like no one can ever stop Salido but he gets dropped a lot and Davis would not let him off the hook. Davis wins by KO, early or late. I would be absolutely shocked if Salido wins but too many things in favor of Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      Yeah he's on the path to take broners fans now he's on the wane. Definitely appeals to a certain type of boxing fan a lot of my friends who are more casual fans know about Davis. I don't think he's at the point where he can say "I'm not fighting Loma because he's not big enough" yet though.
                      I agree 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X