Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't You Love Weeks During Floyd-Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't You Love Weeks During Floyd-Maidana?

You guys were Tony Weeks number one fans during Mayweather-Maidana. Allowing Maidana to throw rabbit punches, tackles, flying knees, elbows, low blows was great refereeing in your opinions!

Now all of a sudden Kovalev gets stopped cause he can't take body shots and now you hate Tony Weeks.... What changed, I thought you loved the fact Tony Weeks allowed rough housing, wasn't all Maidana's fouls against Floyd okay with you?
    Last edited by Code Red; 06-21-2017, 12:18 PM.

Weeks was a good choice for The Ward Effect. For sure.

Comment

did he give Maidana a win as Floyd was wincing from any of the illegal blows?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
        Weeks was a good choice for The Ward Effect. For sure.
        Wasn't Kovalev supposedly the angry man who was suppose to end Wards career? Wasn't Kovalev the one expected to come in and rough Ward up, beat him down, by any means necessary?

Comment

He didn't stop that fight and award Maidana a TKO win. As I recall, all the fans who got his back this time around were the same ones who wanted to hang him from the highest tree after the Maidana fight. Funny how bias works.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            did he give Maidana a win as Floyd was wincing from any of the illegal blows?
            Floyd never quit, never turned his back on his opponent, never retreated to fetal position and sat on the ropes begging the ref to stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              Floyd never quit, never turned his back on his opponent, never retreated to fetal position and sat on the ropes begging the ref to stop the fight.
              Floyd went fetal and looked at the ref pleading.

TkO W Maidana.

Comment

Wasn't Kovalev supposedly the angry man who was suppose to end Wards career? Wasn't Kovalev the one expected to come in and rough Ward up, beat him down, by any means necessary?
                I'm with you, bro. I agree. Kovalev was the dude sporting the WAR hat and the "I'll end your career" talk. He should have been ready for the nitty gritty and he wasn't.

At the same time, Ward brought his dirt like you knew he would. Weeks was the opportunistic choice for the United States side.

It all worked out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  He didn't stop that fight and award Maidana a TKO win. As I recall, all the fans who got his back this time around were the same ones who wanted to hang him from the highest tree after the Maidana fight. Funny how bias works.
                  Glad you see the difference...notice how Kovalev gave up like a ***** while Mayweather continued to fight despite being fouled?

Comment

You guys were Tony Weeks number one fans during Mayweather-Maidana. Allowing Maidana to throw rabbit punches, tackles, flying knees, elbows, low blows was great refereeing in your opinions!

Now all of a sudden Kovalev gets stopped cause he can't take body shots and now you hate Tony Weeks.... What changed, I thought you loved the fact Tony Weeks allowed rough housing, wasn't all Maidana's fouls against Floyd okay with you?
                    Didnt you hate weeks during the Maidana vs Mayweather fight and love him during the Ward vs Kov stoppage?

See what I did there?

Comment

Working...
                    X