Deontay Wilder Finally Responds To Eddie Hearn's HUGE Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    He's not wrong about this

I am surprised to hear Wilder turn down a big offer to fight Whyte and instead insist on getting AJ. Glad he feels some urgency to get a big name opponent in the ring.
    That's exactly the case. But at this point, the world won't care about Wilder, AJ, Klit, Ortiz, Tyson Fury fighting anyone but EACH OTHER. No one wants to see them knocking down bums..

Comment

If deontay is offered millions to fight a fringe contender like whytte, he should take the money and run..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
        That's exactly the case. But at this point, the world won't care about Wilder, AJ, Klit, Ortiz, Tyson Fury fighting anyone but EACH OTHER. No one wants to see them knocking down bums..
        Problem is all those guys only want to fight Joshua, not each other. Beat Whyte he goes to the head of the queue

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          He's not wrong about this

I am surprised to hear Wilder turn down a big offer to fight Whyte and instead insist on getting AJ. Glad he feels some urgency to get a big name opponent in the ring.
          Insisting on AJ is great when the whole world and their dog know that AJ most likely has a rematch with Klitschko next and then has to face Pulev after or he'll be stripped of his IBF title (that includes no unification as specified by the IBF). There's no way Wilder doesn't know that so insisting on a fight that he cannot get is nothing more than talk.

The problem Wilder will have now with turning down Whyte is that if he then goes on to face somebody even less relevant than Whyte next then literally every boxing fan (save Wilder fanboys) are going to crucify him. If he's turning Whyte down because he's planning to fight either Ortiz or Parker then i'd be suitably impressed as either of those fights do much more for his appeal worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Problem is all those guys only want to fight Joshua, not each other. Beat Whyte he goes to the head of the queue
            That's the issue he wont go to the head of the que. They will just create another obstacle. We only know who Whyte is because he fought Joshua, now we are to believe he is the guy that gets you a Joshua fight?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Joshua and Parker are tied up and he won't face Ortiz so I don't see how Whyte is any worse than the other options. Doesn't he realise that if he KOs Whyte he will increase the amount of money and recognition he'll get in a fight with Joshua afterwards?
              Exactly. Whyte is a decent opponent while he waits for the other champs.

Comment

Lol at that headline. Wilder knows Joshua is tied up for a while, so he saves face by making it look like he wants that fight now, when he knows it can't happen. But $7 mil for Whyte??? He's gonna end up settling for about $1 mil to fight Stiverne again

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                  Insisting on AJ is great when the whole world and their dog know that AJ most likely has a rematch with Klitschko next and then has to face Pulev after or he'll be stripped of his IBF title (that includes no unification as specified by the IBF). There's no way Wilder doesn't know that so insisting on a fight that he cannot get is nothing more than talk.

The problem Wilder will have now with turning down Whyte is that if he then goes on to face somebody even less relevant than Whyte next then literally every boxing fan (save Wilder fanboys) are going to crucify him. If he's turning Whyte down because he's planning to fight either Ortiz or Parker then i'd be suitably impressed as either of those fights do much more for his appeal worldwide.
                  Klitschko recently made a statement saying he's only 50-50 to take the rematch. Wilder probably knows about that.

I think if AJ-Klit 2 gets scheduled, as many are expecting, Wilder would then become more open to Whyte as two big names will be occupied. I don't know what's happening in regards to other possible opponents Wilder may be looking at.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-21-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Wilder just laid it down on Eddie and showed him who's boss.

Comment

Not a huge fan of Wilder vs Whyte fight but it's better than another stevirne fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X