No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder Finally Responds To Eddie Hearn's HUGE Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BWC View Post
    LOL since when? They have AJ and a bunch of marginal, fringe contenders at the same level as Washington, Breazeale etc.

People, nobody cares about hyping up Wilder to the UK fans. The UK fans are going to watch AJ fight Wilder anyway a la Hatton or Bruno. The fight will be in the US. It makes zero sense to sign a deal with Showtime, then when you fight your biggest potential American opponent, have it in the UK. That's literal idiocy.

Wilder wants US based fights with people the American people have more than a 1% chance of knowing at this point. The mission is MORE US exposure, not less. Ortiz, Stiverne, at least people know who the fock they are here. Why fight Hearn's scraps at 2PM in the afternoon in the US, when you're trying to build your name? The endgame is a massive payday with AJ, probably in Vegas or Barclays. This crap fight does nothing for Wilder. He doesn't need blast out Whyte to get an AJ fight. Everyone already knows he's going to fight AJ. It's THE fight people want to see. This fight does absolutely NOTHING for him..

Bellew vs Haye did 800k PPV's and both guys got over 6million each.. Neither of them are title holders, Haye was considered washed out by many but they still got more interest than Wilder does.. Wilder is the US's only HW champ and yet hes's unknown. AJ is known worldwide. Its pretty clear to see UK runs the HW scene

Comment

LOL you're freaking delusional. After Joshua-Klit 2 happens in Vegas, AJ will only keep building in the US. Wake up, Joshua-Wilder is in the US.
      If it's not PPV it won't happen in America. I doubt it will be PPV, Wilder isn't a draw. Klitschko is a bigger draw than him in America, he does much bigger numbers. Wilder keeping that WBC belt hostage.

Comment

LOL since when? They have AJ and a bunch of marginal, fringe contenders at the same level as Washington, Breazeale etc.

People, nobody cares about hyping up Wilder to the UK fans. The UK fans are going to watch AJ fight Wilder anyway a la Hatton or Bruno. The fight will be in the US. It makes zero sense to sign a deal with Showtime, then when you fight your biggest potential American opponent, have it in the UK. That's literal idiocy.

Wilder wants US based fights with people the American people have more than a 1% chance of knowing at this point. The mission is MORE US exposure, not less. Ortiz, Stiverne, at least people know who the fock they are here. Why fight Hearn's scraps at 2PM in the afternoon in the US, when you're trying to build your name? The endgame is a massive payday with AJ, probably in Vegas or Barclays. This crap fight does nothing for Wilder. He doesn't need blast out Whyte to get an AJ fight. Everyone already knows he's going to fight AJ. It's THE fight people want to see. This fight does absolutely NOTHING for him..
        noone gives a **** in the US, or haii about stiverne and you know it. Wilder ducks ortiz like the ****ing plague.

fighting scraps for 3 times what youve ever earned in a ring, ahilst apparently building your name but only in your home town of alabama in a ****hole stadia on free tv pulling in barely any viewers between your title winning bout and the fight with washington.

I'll bet all my points the barclays center isnt even mentioned if bumsquad gets his act together and fights AJ ater joshuas done with his own business in mando's. Youre putting far too much stock in a country where HW boxing is dead and has been for a decade.

Its the fight hardcores want to see, but give a **** about US hardcore fans, you dont give anywhere near enough money as Fury v AJ would from the UK casual fans.

If youre going to actually talk real talk, and accept what fight is actually going to make the most money, certainly as far as UK and continental viewership goes, fury v aj smokes beyonce all day long.

Comment

Hearn in an interview yesterday said he was offering the $ for a UK fight..

Oh they changed their mind I guess. Well either way I'm good with the Wilder vs Whyte fight if somehow it can be made and a Stiverne fight can be avoided.

If Wilder is able to avoid fighting Stiverne, fighting Whyte is ok for me. Whyte is a top 10 Heavyweight, when was the last time Wilder fought and beat a top ten Heavyweight?

Joshua has fought and beat 3 top 10 Heavyweights.

So yeah, if Wilder can avoid Stiverne and can't get someone better than Whyte like Ortiz, then I'm good with the Whyte fight.

Comment

Whyte is probably his best option though. AJ is going to fight wlad again, parker has a fight, i doubt he will fight ortiz. So who else is he gonna fight? Some unknown unranked bum again?

Might as well just take the payday and fight whyte with a good chance of landing AJ after, should be easy money right?

Comment

He responded by pricing himself out!! It took him a week to write that and respond and its got to be the worst thing I’ve ever read!

Let’s not overlook what Wilder has done here, he’s is out priced himself from a fight.. He acts like Whyte is a bum, well that should be perfect then because that’s all he’s ever fought!!!

It’s no wonder Wilder keeps fighting bums.. Some Wilder fans believe Stiverne 2 is better and they think it’s a decent fight!

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                noone gives a **** in the US, or haii about stiverne and you know it. Wilder ducks ortiz like the ****ing plague.

fighting scraps for 3 times what youve ever earned in a ring, ahilst apparently building your name but only in your home town of alabama in a ****hole stadia on free tv pulling in barely any viewers between your title winning bout and the fight with washington.

I'll bet all my points the barclays center isnt even mentioned if bumsquad gets his act together and fights AJ ater joshuas done with his own business in mando's. Youre putting far too much stock in a country where HW boxing is dead and has been for a decade.

Its the fight hardcores want to see, but give a **** about US hardcore fans, you dont give anywhere near enough money as Fury v AJ would from the UK casual fans.

If youre going to actually talk real talk, and accept what fight is actually going to make the most money, certainly as far as UK and continental viewership goes, fury v aj smokes beyonce all day long.
                HW can come back to life in an instant man. Why do you think AJ-Wlad 2 will be in Vegas, just like I said it always would be? The money is too big to turn down. They were going to send the rematch up there in Cardiff or something. Vegas LOL'd and said guys, here's a check, you fill in the amount. We need the next HW star here STAT. And Hearn pretty much confirmed it yesterday.

One or two more US fights for Wilder and AJ and this fight is MASSIVE trust me.

Comment

I don't have a problem with this. Joshua-Wilder will make a ton of money on UK PPV. Let's get it on

Comment

Beyonce "the bronze bumhunter" Wilder ducking a bum. How the **** can anyone support this guy?

Comment

Apart from fighting Joshua, he makes nowhere close to 3 million fighting anybody else. Also, Whyte would actually get people interested in the fight because he sells a fight and is good in the build up and often brings some sort of controversy. When is the last time anybody cared about a Wilder fight?

He'll only end up fighting someone of a similar level to Whyte for 1/3 of the money anyway. I think that they consider Whyte a potential danger. I don't rate him highly but he has the potential to drag Wilder into a real fight. He won't be going in there to lay down like most opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X