Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwyer on Ward-Kovalev II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwyer is doing his thing. He's made himself known on Youtube for boxing 'advice'

But truth be known, he's no more knowledgeable than your average NSB poster.

He just does his "posting" in front of a camera.

I didn't watch this video and I don't care what he has to say. But you'd better not ever follow his betting advice unless you want to lose you ass.

Comment

He had money on Kovalev. His opinion counts for shyt(If it counted for anything anyways).

Comment

Dwyer is who you turn to in your time of distress? Looooooooool.

Comment

Dwyer is typically a head case for the most part bc he USUALLY uses azz backwards logic to prove a point ( Haye was a better fighter than Mike Tyson and hits harder is still my favorite ) but for once he happens to be EXACTLY right . Anyone who cant see the ref did not do his job ,is basically an idiot ....end of !

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            He had money on Kovalev. His opinion counts for shyt(If it counted for anything anyways).
            I watched his pre fight video. He also bet on the UNDER 9.5 rounds at a +360 odds. He might have profited. I haven't watched his post fight videos however.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                He landed a few good shots but Kovalev kept fighting. The low blows ended the fight.

Landing a few good shots in an up to that point close fight doesn't give you permission to blatantly foul your opponent at the most critical moment of the night.

The fight should be overturned to a DQ.
                LOL is this satire? Or delusion?

-Landed a few good shots?
                -Close fights?
                -Blatantly foul?

Reality
                - Ward landed good shots repeatedly, round after round starting from round 1 and finishing in round 8. Not only did he land good shots, he repeatedly stopped Kovalev in his tracks and rocked him. Ward was the more powerful fighter in the ring Saturday night.

-Other than senile Herold Lederman, everyone who actually scored the fight had Ward dominating. I don't think there is more than one round that was a clear Kovalev round. That one clear round for Kovalev, you can make a cake that he won one, maybe two more rounds (and that's being generous). That is not a close fight.

-As it's been shown repeatedly, most all of the "low blows" were in fact legal punches. Tony Weeks showing what is legal;

That means he had one or two actual low lows. We're they blatant? No way, there was no need for it since Ward was beating Kovalev up. Plus Ward was working the body all fight, something that Kovalev clearly is bothered by. We know he doesn't like body shots - Golovkin stopped him in sparring with a body shot, something confirmed by Kovalev himself. Writer Douglas Fischer saw the video tape as well and said it was something viscous. Kovalev refused to spar Golovkin from that day on.

Great strategy by Ward attacking the body, that's what did a lot of the damage and Ward had learned that later on in the first fight.

You want a DQ? That's hilarious coming from fans, absolutely pathetic coming from Kovalev who had embarrassed himself with his whining behavior. He talked so much **** going into the fight and absolutely laid an egg. That's who you should be upset with - Kovalev. He's the one that fought terribly.

Listen, I would totally understand your point IF it was an actual good fight and IF Kovalev did something, anything, to suggest he had a slight chance of winning. Instead he was getting battered and was clearly going to get KOd. Hey was done.

Comment

Pretty sure Kovalev's whining, doubling over, turning around, and all that **** is what caused Weeks to stop the fight on the body shots (see low blows).

They were low blows, there should've been a point deduction or Weeks should've let Ward finish Kovalev for real. The stoppage was premature but Kovalev had nothing left and just got plain outsmarted.

Comment

It doesn't really matter what anyone else says to be honest, Kovalev is weak to the body and he lost because he was weak to the body. For someone that i refer to as a killer that really shocked me, I dont think you would see GGG looking for help from the ref, folding under from shots to the body especially against a fighter that isn't suppose to be a power puncher.

Comment

Yeah it was a very sickening stoppage. It should've continued perhaps with a point deduct to Mr. Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X