No announcement yet.

Frank Warren: Lemieux is Saunder's mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think BJS wud beat GGG. not Canelo but I think GGG

GGG remembered that man at the press conference. He been up nights worrying about the man. I really think BJS can take the power and I think he's good enough to beat GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
      No fight for Lemieux before November or December... September is too early since David is healing a shoulder injury... They're eying Cotto for the end of the year... Saunders gonna be happy about that, I'm sure ...
      That might of been the plan when Saunders Mandatory was khurtsidze. But since that fight got canceled and khurtsidze was stripped of his ranking now Lemieux the next highest ranked has been named the mandatory. Lemieux tweeting out this morning he is taking that fight. Lemieux and Cotto both signed with Golden Boy he can always fight Cotto after he beats Saunders. Even if he loses he can still fight Cotto after.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        That might of been the plan when Saunders Mandatory was khurtsidze. But since that fight got canceled and khurtsidze was stripped of his ranking now Lemieux the next highest ranked has been named the mandatory. Lemieux tweeting out this morning he is taking that fight. Lemieux and Cotto both signed with Golden Boy he can always fight Cotto after he beats Saunders. Even if he loses he can still fight Cotto after.
        That was the plan of EOTT Management as of yesterday... I doubt it changed overnight ...

Comment

I doubt Cotto and Lemieux will fight. Lemieux has trouble making 160 and Cotto is already at his max weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
            No way Saunders is gonna take on Lemieux, he wants to cash his a$$ out with GGG or Canelo. He isn't gonna cop a beating without a decent paycheck in it.

I hope he does as it's a good clash between two top middleweights, but I just see him dodging it or putting it off since he is so dead set on GGG or Canelo right now.
            You guys swear Lemieux is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              That was the plan of EOTT Management as of yesterday... I doubt it changed overnight ...
              tell that to Lemieux he tweeted this morning about fighting Saunders. wouldn't do that if he was giving up his mandatory to fight Cotto next.

Comment

tell that to Lemieux he tweeted this morning about fighting Saunders. wouldn't do that if he was giving up his mandatory to fight Cotto next.
                WBO President said over the weekend that Saunders is negotiating with Murata, as Lemieux already has a spot on the Canelo/Golovkin card. The winner has to face Lemieux next. Though things may have changed since then

Comment

All he said was he couldn't wait to kick his sweet peach ass... No time line though ...

and WBO stated there was no mando as of right now... Just that they appreciated Lemieux's value and that he would be welcome for a title fight...

Comment

Saunders is on borrowed time. He can't hold that belt hostage forever. Someone will take it from him in the next 12 months.

Comment

Billy Joe is a genuinely good boxer, better skills than any of the other active, top Middleweights. He is due a coming out party and David Lemieux is the perfect foil.

Comment

Working...
                      X