Stadium view of WARD vs, KOV 8TH round.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

via GIPHY

At most it grazes Kovalev after hitting his elbow. And it grazed on the legal belt line.
    That's what i said. Here's the full gif he stole the image from.

He's running around posting that image because the gif clearly shows it wasn't a low blow.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-19-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Kovalev's elbow....

Tony Weeks clearely signaled Kovalev's beltline was fair game in the pre-fight instructions. That means if Ward's glove lands on the white trim of Kovalev's trunks, its a legal body blow. The image you posted is a legal body blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Tony Weeks clearely signaled Kovalev's beltline was fair game in the pre-fight instructions. That means if Ward's glove lands on the white trim of Kovalev's trunks, its a legal body blow. The image you posted is a legal body blow.
        If half the glove is below that line it is illegal. This is boxing rules.

Comment

At 5:20ish look how Kovalev turns his back. And that right hand in this video looks even more devastating. Kovalev looks more hurt too than he did on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            If half the glove is below that line it is illegal. This is boxing rules.
            Thats just the camera angle. The glove clearly lands on the white trim. You can see the top of the glove land at the start of the white trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post

And people say he didn't quit...dude was done. He didn't even get up right away just sat there relieved. I dont understand how anyone can hate on Weeks for that stoppage. You also see that first blow which started the 3 punch combo better. Doesn't really look low at all, looks like a kidney shot.
              I totally agree. He didn't want it with SOG due to the physicality of the fight and also from that relentless body assault which was weakening him to the point of exhaustion. He didn't want to continue. He was looking towards the referee for a way out and he got it. You are absolutely right. He was relieved to quit.

Comment

Ouch.. Right before or at the 5:45 mark, you see a blatant, powerful, illegal low blow for Kov. This scumbag should have been DQ'd after that punch.

But I guess when your nuts aren't at your belly button, you don't act like it hurts and can't go on. You fight through it and get the job done.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    That's what i said. Here's the full gif he stole the image from.

He's running around posting that image because the gif clearly shows it wasn't a low blow.
                    That's a great gif zoomed in like that. It's ****ing obvious unless you're biased as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      That's a great gif zoomed in like that. It's ****ing obvious unless you're biased as hell.
                      I don't know how someone can look at that and think differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X