No announcement yet.

Where does Kovalev go now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Kovalev go now?

What happens to Sergey now that he has been exposed by a feather fisted fighter? There is no demand for a third Ward fight, his stamina is still a question mark and he his chin will now be questioned. Does a Stevenson fight make sense? Not for Stevenson. Beterbiev is high risk low reward. Can he move to cruiser and handle even harder hitting punchers there? Wasn't too long ago many were saying Kov could move to heavy some time down the road, that he had the frame and power to make waves there. I think that dream has been pretty much squashed. So where does the Krusher go from here?

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Alvarez and Ward fighting Stevenson...

Comment

If serGAY was able to beat Stevenson, that would give him a stronger case for a rematch, but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Ward seemed to have ended his damn career..lol

Comment

He should move up to Cruiserweight imo. I think he's been struggling lately to make 175 and has been weight drained. He gasses by round 5 or so in his last 3 fights which is an indication of being weight drained.

He should move up to Cruiserweight and fight a couple of light touches then go after a world title at cruiserweight.

He's 34 years old, not getting any younger so he should go up to Cruiserweight. If he does farely well he may be able to attract names like Tony Bellew and maybe down the line depending on circumstances a 3rd fight with Ward at Cruiser if Kovalev does well at Cruiser.

Either way I think he should finish his career at Cruiser, it's his best bet at this point.
          Last edited by The Time; 06-19-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Alvarez and Ward fighting Stevenson...
            If Barrera gets by Smith that could be an interesting fight as well. I'm not sure if he can come back mentally though. His spirit was broken against Ward and his aura took a big hit. I hope he can get it back together, he's a fun fighter to watch.

Comment

... "Back to USSR"...

... his "career" is pretty much finished in the U.S. and even Canada...

... and he looked past his prime since the Chilemba fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                If serGAY was able to beat Stevenson, that would give him a stronger case for a rematch, but I don't see it happening.
                If Ward could hurt him the way he did than Adonis would put his lights out if he landed. I think Kov is going to steer clear of real punchers for a minute.

Comment

Andre "hit like woman" Ward had him on Queer Street than Adonis finishes him off. I always said Adonis by ko. He's def not banging with gassiev either.

Comment

I hate to say it, but between his management and the Stoppage loss to Ward, Kov may be on the back burner until it's to late to come back from. He's in a really bad spot right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X