Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is joe rogan right in this situation? he owned Dibella here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The stars that Boxing has now the De La Hoya's, the Hopkins, the Jermain Taylors once they retire there will be no more."

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      2008 wants their video back.

Joe rogan needs a life altering beating.
      Good luck with that I would love to see a pro-boxer walk up to him and give him this "beating".....

Instead we would see that boxer get choked the **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by Endsareforever View Post
        On pen and paper, it may be "limited" as compared to MMA, however Boxing takes singular aspects of unarmed combat and amplifies what is required.

The MMA argument is that you can use your entire body to inflict damage on your opponent and have to be prepared to also defend yourself accordingly.

What I say, is that UFC/organized MMA actually doesn't achieve this.
        Well no sh^t. You can't have a 100% legit "fight" in the sports world. MMA is simply the closest thing to a real fight that currently exists in the sports world.

In Boxing, you can't run. You can't disengage. The ring being a square means that you'll get cornered sooner or later and will have to fight your way out. If you clinch, you're generally broken up after a few seconds. Excessive holding gets points taken away, so once again you're forced to fight. This is a key point.
        I disagree with this. We see guys running/avoiding a fight all the time. But I bet you don't know that lacking aggression in a MMA fight scores against you. In one MMA league called Pride from back in the day they used to deduct from your purse during the f#cking fight (lol) if you didn't engage enough.

In boxing clinching has no role in the art of boxing (imo, I know some disagree & we can respectfully disagree on that), but in MMA grappling is a combat sport in itself so its not stalling its adapting.

Boxing, "limited" as it may be, has a much greater degree of difficulty than MMA just given the rules and what is required for a fighter to fight 12 rounds.
        Idk why boxing fans always say this so casually like its a fact or not even disputable.

Rub your belly. Thats boxing. Rub your belly, pat your head & jump up & down all at the same time. Thats MMA. The degree of difficulty in MMA is equal if not greater than boxing due to all the different disciplines involved in MMA. Its just for different reasons.

Plus its often discounted that modern MMA is still in its pioneer stage. Modern MMA started in the mid 90's. And they were wearing gi's, had one boxing glove on & had 500lb sumo wrestlers competing. It was a freak show that evolved into a legit sport & is still evolving just 20+ years into its history. For a direct comparison to boxing MMA now is at the evolution level that boxing was in in the early 1910's when modern boxing was a few decades into being what we now witness.

I only say all that to say that this is a sport thats in flux still. They just altered the rules this years to make the sport more fan friendly once again & something they have strived to do during there entire existence. And thats only going to lead to a future date where MMA is without dispute the biggest combat sport in the world because its the closest thing one can come to testing ones survivability against their fellow man (or woman) outside of a real live fight. And ultimately people wanna see that & some braver people wanna test their ability in that environment.

And thats probably why every city I've lived in in the past 5 or so years has more MMA gyms then boxing gyms unlike when I was growing up.

For full disclosure I'm much more of a boxing fan than a MMA fan while appreciating all combat sports (& not appreciating any non-combat sports except maybe sumowrestling, but I kinda consider that a soft combat sport), but this is just basic sh^t to consider if you aren't looking at this discussion with boxing gloves on & a Sugar Ray hat which is the objective way one should think about things outside of the boxing world. And might be one of the reason boxing has so lil appeal in the US as it does these days cuz boxing people can't even rationalize what the non-hardcore fans wanna see. Although thats a whole other rant.

Comment

Rogan's and idiot and blowhard but he even admitted he was wrong on his current podcast.

dem Pep dvd's though

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I only say all that to say that this is a sport thats in flux still. They just altered the rules this years to make the sport more fan friendly once again & something they have strived to do during there entire existence. And thats only going to lead to a future date where MMA is without dispute the biggest combat sport in the world because its the closest thing one can come to testing ones survivability against their fellow man (or woman) outside of a real live fight. And ultimately people wanna see that & some braver people wanna test their ability in that environment.
            That's just dumb. You sound like an early era MMA cliche. Nobody cares about any of that, they care about characters and in-ring entertainment. Boxing is the more entertaining sport in a lot of peoples opinion.

MMA and boxing are on the same level when it comes to popularity, especially with the UFC having a down year and now resorting to staging a boxing match to save their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Is boxing a limited form of fighting? Why does dibella seem like such a sour grape here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKx41UdCj0
              You would have had to be around at the time if you weren't. The MMA were more annoying than Shannon Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                "The stars that Boxing has now the De La Hoya's, the Hopkins, the Jermain Taylors once they retire there will be no more."
                he's right to a degree. guys like daniel jacobs and andre ward are not nearly as popular as the names you listed

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                  That's just dumb. You sound like an early era MMA cliche. Nobody cares about any of that, they care about characters and in-ring entertainment.
                  LOL.

I'd argue a lot of people care about that sh^t. Its basic sh^t to care about. A lot of ones confidence in life, in particular for men, is off of how they'd handle themself in a fight or in any stressful violent situation. Thats why so many people are learning MMA over boxing these days (in the US) its seen as a superior combat sport to know just for basic self defense in a variety of situations one could encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    he's right to a degree. guys like daniel jacobs and andre ward are not nearly as popular as the names you listed
                    He's also wrong to a degree because this was before Mayweather and Pacquaio were global superstars.

Comment

First of all, Joe Rogan is a 5'7" midget (being generous with that height by the way), who at nearly 50 years of age still smokes up and tries to act like one of the cool kids, while taking loads of steroids.

He would get balled up and stuffed into a trashcan by even several members of this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X