Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Shakes Head: Terrible Stoppage in Ward vs. Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Shakes Head: Terrible Stoppage in Ward vs. Kovalev

Former two division world champion Paulie Malignaggi was not happy with the ending to the light heavyweight rematch between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev. On Saturday night at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Ward stopped Kovalev in the eight round to retain the WBA, WBO, IBF world titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

KOV was looking for a way out. Weeks gave it to him. After that WARD right hand staggered KOV it was over!

Comment

I absolutely don't like agreeing with Pauline but he's absolutely right.

Comment

Worst stoppage ever.

Stopped on low blows!

Comment

That's the only thing I don't like about Paulie.. He picks favorites. He was shading his commentary towards the end of the fight and then wouldn't shut the **** up about it for hours afterwards. He had a dog in the race. His dog lost.

Comment

Goddamn. What happens? I can't imagine! Me agreeing with Malignaggi??! Finally it happens! And finally he is right.

The best comment i seen today, "of a sudden he stopped the fight, I wasn't even sure what he was doing. I thought maybe he was calling a low blow. The last thing on my mind was that he was stopping the fight right now."
            but this time.

Comment

Terrible stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                KOV was looking for a way out. Weeks gave it to him. After that WARD right hand staggered KOV it was over!
                Wrong. After the first low blow in round 8, and I've been told the headbutt, it was over, because those are what led to Kovalev getting hurt with the right hand to the head, which led to the three low blows to the d1ck to finish the fight.

And even with all that, before the last three, Kovalev was actually recovering, and there were only 30 seconds left in the round.

Comment

For once Paulie is right. This should have been a DQ, even clearer than the Rigondeaux fight. At least with Rigondeaux they both threw at once, so maybe the intent wasn't there. It was **** **** after the bell. With Ward, that was five fouls in one round, blatant fouls, so you know the intent was there. That should have been a DQ, and I expect NSAC will change it to that if Main Events does a good job presenting the evidence from all the best camera angles they can find from the various broadcasts around the world, as well as any still photographs that captured the point of impact of Ward's punches on Kovalev's groin.

This is an open and shut case. The NSAC will either reverse it to a DQ, or they will prove everyone right about them being utterly corrupt in favor of American "stars."

Comment

***** diverts russian investigation to andre ward!

Fellow New Yorkian Pauline Mallinaggi may be called to testify fake news aka jealous whistle blower.

Comment

Working...
                    X