Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People. It's TONY WEEKS. Ya'll musta forgot that's his M/O.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    You saw after the fight, his eye was fine. Not sure what the the first reaction was all about because he clearly had faculties.

I'm not saying it was premature, I'm saying that I knew that if Kell went to the ropes, it wouldn't end well because Weeks will quickly move to stop anyone on the ropes. He doesn't believe in doing multiple standing 8's.
    He shouldn't believe in doing ANY Standing 8's. Standing 8 hasn't been used in a pro bout since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      I can gladly pull up threads of Kovalev fans saying they was happy with Tony Weeks and that "He Wouldn't Allow Ward To Do His Tactics Inside" so it is funny to see them all cry now about how Weeks and Ward Plan This!
      lmao so true....

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        He shouldn't believe in doing ANY Standing 8's. Standing 8 hasn't been used in a pro bout since 1998.
        Brook never went to the canvas on the first 8 count. That's a standing 8.

Comment

You saw after the fight, his eye was fine. Not sure what the the first reaction was all about because he clearly had faculties.

I'm not saying it was premature, I'm saying that I knew that if Kell went to the ropes, it wouldn't end well because Weeks will quickly move to stop anyone on the ropes. He doesn't believe in doing multiple standing 8's.
          his eyes were already damaged. didn't u see how wide they looked from the start. Kell took worst blows than that vs Spence without budging. he was a shattered fighter with his face glued together. that stoppage was perfect because he didn't even have business being there.

Comment

I saw that as a straight knock down with the ropes keeping Brook off the canvas. If anything Weeks was slow to move, allowing Crawford several free shots on Brook.

Comment

Mayweather/Maidana 1. Weeks allowed Maidana to throw low blows with no repercussion. Might have been one warning. It wasn't until the rematch with Kenny Bayless that we saw better officiating.
              - -Bayliss!

He let TBE TUE go squallin' fer daddy in the middle of Maidana with with no repercussions.

Never seen a growed man or even peach fuzz boy go squallin' fer daddy in all my years.

Comment

He fell into the ropes. That's a KD when the ropes stop a KD. Mandatory 8 count.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  He fell into the ropes. That's a KD when the ropes stop a KD. Mandatory 8 count.
                  Okay, but not the second time? He fell into the ropes again. Didn't do an 8 count, just stopped it.

Again, I'm not saying premature, but why not give Brook the benefit of the doubt? He's a former world champion.

Comment

Remember in the Pac-Broner undercard?
                    He didn't stop this one. This sh.it went for 12 full rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                      Remember in the Pac-Broner undercard?
                      He didn't stop this one. This sh.it went for 12 full rounds.
                      Valid question, but just affirms what I'm saying.

He's inconsistent.

Some fights it's like "if he dies, he dies" and others he'll just run in there when one punch lands (Angulo).

I just thought Kell deserved a chance to recover with at least a second 8 count.

Comment

Working...
                      X