Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the real question is........why the hell did tony weeks stop the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree... ref stopped it too soon but I really don't think kovolev was surviving, but at least should have been given the benefit of the doubt..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Kovalev wasn't fighting back, and he was taking a hell of a beating. I do think we needed a count. Kovalev deserved, and has earned, at least that.
      I dont quite see it as a "hell of a beating". Just being honest.

Even if ward was on way of win ing, this was too fast for me

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post
        Thank you alot of posters don't want to admit that he was trying hard to get a break in the action.
        He was clearly gassed, he was clearly trying to get a break in the action.

That doesn't mean that Andre Wards shots weren't low, or that Kovalev shouldn't have been allowed 5 minutes to recover, instead of being stopped.

Comment

While it was a bad stoppage I won't act like it didn't seem as if Kov was spent. He was gassed and getting tagged. Not to forget either that right that Ward landed hurt Kovalev.

Comment

I don't know man, I think Tony Weeks should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              While it was a bad stoppage I won't act like it didn't seem as if Kov was spent. He was gassed and getting tagged. Not to forget either that right that Ward landed hurt Kovalev.
              True. But fighters recover all the time. He looked okay on the head. One good punch is not enough.

Ward likely wins. but switch places: Ward would get the time to recover via a standing count

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
                nicca u cray
                It's all love bro. I had nothing to do with your ban. You're good in my book. It's all harmless banter where I'm from. Believe, or don't believe it.

Weeks stopped the fight because he's WEEK like SEVEN DAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                  True. But fighters recover all the time. He looked okay on the head. One good punch is not enough.

Ward likely wins. but switch places: Ward would get the time to recover via a standing count
                  Yeah i don't know what the heck Weeks was thinking, an eight count should of been given. How has Kov not at least earned that much!?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Kovalev wasn't fighting back, and he was taking a hell of a beating. I do think we needed a count. Kovalev deserved, and has earned, at least that.
                    A hell of a beating? He caught one right hand that staggered him then basically a few blows below the belt. Hardly a hell of a beating my man.

He was fading obviously but in no way was he taking a beating in this fight.

Comment

Agreed. At least an 8 count to give him a shot to make it out of the round. There was like what 40 seconds left?

Weak

Comment

Working...
                      X