Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settle this once and for all; Were those punches LEGAL or ILLEGAL???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

That's not the punch

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      That was definitely the lowest of the blows. But then again, Kovalevs shorts are wayyyyy too high. So he has absolutely no1 to blame but himself. You cant punish fighters for body shots that are hard to call when the other fighter intentionally wears his shorts too high.
      come on man, you can clearly tell that those are his nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        That was definitely the lowest of the blows. But then again, Kovalevs shorts are wayyyyy too high. So he has absolutely no1 to blame but himself. You cant punish fighters for body shots that are hard to call when the other fighter intentionally wears his shorts too high.
        That was not debatable if it was low or not. They only showed the replay of that last shot, but from the other angle it looks to me like the 1st shot was probably the lowest of them all, the 2nd was on the hip and the 3rd was the one in the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post

this hit the white waistline? you see the strip of dark material between Son of Golota's glove and the white waistline? That means his glove is way below the waistline
          Blurry photo shows nothing but blurring images where it matters

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

That was the first one, before Ward landed that nice right hand. Watch the ending ones.

Comment

I understand if the stoppage seemed premature, etc...

We also should ask ourselves would Kovalev have survived to the 12th round after that. I don't think he would have. I think Ward would have stopped Kovalev. So I'm not going to complain too much about the stoppage.

I do think that Kovalev won the first fight, not by a lot, it was close, but I did have Kovalev winning the first fight. This second fight Ward fought better than he did in the first fight, Kovalev was more busy in this second fight. But I don't know how Kovalev could have made it to the 12th round after that 8th round. I thought the fight was stopped too soon, but it seemed like the damage had been done already and I believe Ward would have stopped Kovalev soon there after. So I can't complain too much. Ward did prove tonight that he is indeed #1 P4P

He earned that ranking tonight premature stoppage or not.
              Last edited by The Time; 06-18-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                this is on the belt line too??

SOG son of golota
                I gotta say. I didn't want to make a hasty judgement following the fight but quite a few of those shots looked low to me...especially the last 3 punches of the fight.

I wasn't going to vote in the poll until I saw clearer video footage. This video is pretty conclusive.

Comment

I can't even with the ppl on this site... How are his nuts that high up? Maybe his upper thigh. Have you guys ever seen a TRUE low blow? Unless he had his nuts tucked in the belt, how did he even graze his sack? STOP the excuses. Dude was winded and couldn't stand up straight from all those body punches...

Comment

Poll says it all ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      this is on the belt line too??

SOG son of golota
                      Woooow!! That was really bad, hope you guys could also show the one before that punch. There was a round before that where Ward threw a really low one while Kov was on the ropes, kov bent down, ward moved back but Weeks told them both to continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X