Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weeks saved Kovalev's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good take actually. Fight was done, potential low blow or not. People shifting the focus from Kovalev's poor performance to this nonsense seems like a ludicrous deflection. I mean, just who would you Kovalev fans pick in a third fight? Are you telling me you are confident in picking Kovalev over Ward after tonight's fight?

I do agree the stoppage didn't do either of them favours. Ward was CLEARLY gonna win this fight, very likely via stoppage in the next rounds, and now you got tons of nutjobs screaming robbery in a fight that lay the pretty significant skill disparity between both fighters bare. The rounds Kovalev won were almost exclusively due to activity, a level of activity he couldn't sustain at all. There was no point in Ward adapting that stupid pace and gassing by the middle of the fight which is what happened to Kovalev.

I had some sympathies for the "robbery" screamers in the first fight but 0 tolerance for that rubbish now. Kovalev. Was. Done. It's on tape and for everybody to see. A low blow (and I think only 1 of them was probably too low) doesn't end a fighter like this. He had a terrible gameplan, overpaced himself, couldn't find Ward at all, and was in awful shape in round 8. This is not a robbery folks.
    Last edited by Hond; 06-17-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Brutal? Saved career?

Jesus christ, i get it, ward won. But go watch JMM vs Pac or Joshua vs Wlad to see what brutal means

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
        He may have saved his balls from that furious pounding that Ward was giving them, but not his career.
        Pause.

lmao :*******:

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
          Pause.

lmao :*******:
          You working Ward's or Week's shaft there? I like Ward, I wanted to give him credit. Watch the replay. It is what it is.

Comment

You working Ward's or Week's shaft there? I like Ward, I wanted to give him credit. Watch the replay. It is what it is.
            Calm down mate, lmao Kova quit like a ***** cause he was gassed get over it

Comment

Weeks saved Kov from embarrassment

Kov was finished

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                Brutal? Saved career?

Jesus christ, i get it, ward won. But go watch JMM vs Pac or Joshua vs Wlad to see what brutal means
                The point is he wasn't defending himself

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                  Calm down mate, lmao Kova quit like a ***** cause he was gassed get over it

Go ahead and enjoy your moment.

edited because I was on tilt and said something dumb
                  Last edited by Mukuro; 06-18-2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Ward had Kovalev on queer street with a MASSIVE right hand, Kovalev wasn't defending himself and wouldn't have recovered any time soon. Instead of allowing a brutal beating Weeks showed compassion and stopped it. Great stoppage by the ref, Ward's power is seriously underrated.
                    Kovalev should be happy those were 3 body shots and not 3 shot on the chin

Comment

Go ahead and enjoy your moment. It might make you a little less insecure about being black.
                      lol I'm not insecure about anything, I haven't even mentioned race shows how butt hurt you are makes me feel even better

Comment

Working...
                      X