No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Damn good shot by Ward. But thats not what ended the fight.

the fight was over when Kovalev started faking low-blows.....

Comment

I'm not saying Kovalev wasn't beaten and that he didn't look like he wanted to fight. I'm saying Ward hit him low possibly 3 times straight (2 questionable borderline and 1 blatantly obvious) and Weeks responded all wrong. The action should have halted, and Kovalev given 5 minutes rest before resuming.

then stop crying about nothing

yes the last punch was low, so fkn what..... ?

Kovalev was done when he started faking low-blows

what is worse..... a punch slipping low, or taking a dive ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        the fight was over when Kovalev started faking low-blows.....

That's not when the fight ended

Comment

yes the last punch was low, so fkn what..... ?
          Then you stop the fight, allow the injured fighter time to recover, then continue the fight according to the rules of the sport. We have rules for a reason.

Comment

That's not when the fight ended

if you had a clue you would realise that is exactly when the fight ended

although, Kovalev turning his back on Ward moments earlier was almost the writing on the wall

Weeks stopped that fight because.....

1) he could see that Kovalev was done (and you guys should have the class to admit the same)

2) that right hand

3) the fact that Kovalev was hurt/defenceless

4) did I remember to say that Weeks knew Kovalev was done?

..... THAT is why Weeks stopped the fight, NOT because of that last low-blow

Comment

if you had a clue you would realise that is exactly when the fight ended

although, Kovalev turning his back on Ward moments earlier was almost the writing on the wall

Weeks stopped that fight because.....

1) he could see that Kovalev was done (and you guys should have the class to admit the same)

2) that right hand

3) the fact that Kovalev was hurt/defenceless

4) did I remember to say that Weeks knew Kovalev was done?

..... THAT is why Weeks stopped the fight, NOT because of that last low-blow
              Then Tony Weeks should have stopped the fight before. If events prior to the last shot are what caused the fight to be over, then it should have been stopped before the last shot. Its almost like you're saying, everything else up to but not including the last shot are what stopped the fight.

Even if all that's true, the fact is a blatantly low shot happened, one that's inexcusable to not be seen, and the fighter was not given the prescribed rest period, pursuant to the rules

Comment

Then you stop the fight, allow the injured fighter time to recover, then continue the fight according to the rules of the sport. We have rules for a reason.

you guys are simply classless and clueless

answer this question.....

were either of these two body-shots low..... ?

then, why did Kovalev fake a foul ?

HE WAS DONE KID !!..... he could not take that body-work

and what is worse, a punch slipping low, or taking a dive ?

take your time

honestly, you guys are shamelessly ignorant..... you should have the class to give Ward his props

and I know exactly why you are here crying about nothing..... you clueless fanboy

Comment

you do know that even if Kovalev had beaten Ward, Golovkin would still be a b1tch..... right ?

Comment

you do know that even if Kovalev had beaten Ward, Golovkin would still be a b1tch..... right ?
                    That didn't take long...

Why do I even try talking to you?

Comment

you guys are simply classless and clueless

answer this question.....

were either of these two body-shots low..... ?

then, why did Kovalev fake a foul ?

HE WAS DONE KID !!..... he could not take that body-work

and what is worse, a punch slipping low, or taking a dive ?

take your time

honestly, you guys are shamelessly ignorant..... you should have the class to give Ward his props

and I know exactly why you are here crying about nothing..... you clueless fanboy
                      I'm classless, but you don't want the rules to be upheld. You already said the shot was low, so why wouldn't you want the rules followed? And calm down, there's no need to call names

Comment

Working...
                      X