• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come on guys, be honest......

time for an intervention.....,

what REALLY hurt the most..... ?

1) watching Ward beat Kovalev ?

2) KNOWING that he would do the same thing to Golovkin ?

come on now, honesty will heal you

best post in this thread so far.....

props to whoever wrote that

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I can't work out if you sound more desperate in this thread..... or more desperate in the (what is now) Golovkin ducked Ward thread?

..... unless Kovalev's balls hang off the bottom of his chin, your point is irrelevant.....

The REAL point.... you know, the one you missed....

Damn good shot by Ward. But thats not what ended the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Damn good shot by Ward. But thats not what ended the fight.
        Yea, that's basically what ended the fight. Borderline low blows or not, the right hand hurt him bad, the body shots were just the excuse he was looking for.

It was an interesting fight to watch, slowly seeing Kov change throughout the fight. The body shots by Ward were borderline, but Kov didn't return fire with fire, he succumbed.

I had him up before the stoppage, predicted him to win, it was a close fight. But all Kov has done is spew more excuses, when he has zero to spew...

Comment

• Originally posted by taste View Post
          Yea, that's basically what ended the fight. Borderline low blows or not, the right hand hurt him bad, the body shots were just the excuse he was looking for.

It was an interesting fight to watch, slowly seeing Kov change throughout the fight. The body shots by Ward were borderline, but Kov didn't return fire with fire, he succumbed.

I had him up before the stoppage, predicted him to win, it was a close fight. But all Kov has done is spew more excuses, when he has zero to spew...
          So, it was a late stoppage? We stop fights now after a shot that wobbles someone? Weeks should have halted the action right there after that right? He should be investigated. If that shot that didn't even drop Kov was the end of the fight, shouldn't the first fight been stopped in the 2nd when Ward went down?

The bottom line is this. You can try to spin and say that right "ended the fight", but it didn't. The fight continued until a series of 3, two questionable and 1 obvious low blow ended the fight. That's when Tony Weeks waved off the fight, not after that beautiful 1-2

Comment

So, it was a late stoppage? We stop fights now after a shot that wobbles someone? Weeks should have halted the action right there after that right? He should be investigated. If that shot that didn't even drop Kov was the end of the fight, shouldn't the first fight been stopped in the 2nd when Ward went down?
            What's with all these '?' Use a little common sense and logic...I follow the sport, I didn't just wander in here yesterday.

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            The bottom line is this. You can try to spin and say that right "ended the fight", but it didn't. The fight continued until a series of 3, two questionable and 1 obvious low blow ended the fight. That's when Tony Weeks waved off the fight, not after that beautiful 1-2
            I can draw a million conclusions and what if's so wont go there...what I saw was Kov finding an excuse after being rocked badly and then raked to the body several times. Borderline shots, yes, but it gave him a way out and he took it. The stoppage...what the hell was Weeks doing? No count, just over like that?

Comment

What's with all these '?' Use a little common sense and logic...I follow the sport, I didn't just wander in here yesterday.

I can draw a million conclusions and what if's so wont go there...what I saw was Kov finding an excuse after being rocked badly and then raked to the body several times. Borderline shots, yes, but it gave him a way out and he took it. The stoppage...what the hell was Weeks doing? No count, just over like that?
              I'm not saying Kovalev wasn't beaten and that he didn't look like he wanted to fight. I'm saying Ward hit him low possibly 3 times straight (2 questionable borderline and 1 blatantly obvious) and Weeks responded all wrong. The action should have halted, and Kovalev given 5 minutes rest before resuming.

Comment

I'm not saying Kovalev wasn't beaten and that he didn't look like he wanted to fight. I'm saying Ward hit him low possibly 3 times straight (2 questionable borderline and 1 blatantly obvious) and Weeks responded all wrong. The action should have halted, and Kovalev given 5 minutes rest before resuming.
                Agreed! Didn't understand Weeks at all. The punches were low, but I expected Kov to fight his way out of that. He just gradually succumbed as the fight went on.

And WTF is up with his continuous stream of excuses? The krusher is going to lose fans at a rapid rate...

Comment

Agreed! Didn't understand Weeks at all. The punches were low, but I expected Kov to fight his way out of that. He just gradually succumbed as the fight went on.

And WTF is up with his continuous stream of excuses? The krusher is going to lose fans at a rapid rate...
                  It was a serious WTF moment for me. I was like damn, those are looking low (first 2). Then the third was clear, I'm thinking you gotta break this up. He run in...ok...WTF?!? He's waving his hands and Andre is raising his arm?!? It's over like that?!

Someone else on another thread put it perfectly. Weeks robbed Kovalev, Ward, and boxing fans with that blown call

Comment

• Ward or Bobby PAcquiao?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxdWoU_URyk

Who's worse?

Comment

My GOD what blinders do you have on? Kovalev succumbed?
                      So now any boxer that gets rocked with a legit punch has to be calmm and composed after being imediatelly followed up with illegal punches to ones weenie/testicles?

Look at Kovalev's face in that last punch to the NUTZ he cringes in pain and that's the point when fight gets waved off! That is a Tainted stoppage win for Andre Ward and all his Fanboys don't want to admit that!

If you cant see that THAT nut punch illegal combo is what determined the ending of fight then you need to have your BOXING EXPERT ARMCHAIR EDDIE FUTCH CARD REMOVED!

Comment

Working...
                      X