No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Yes. Sergey Kovalev was drained and the body attack was taking its toll on him but I still think if Andre Ward doesn't connect with that monster right hand, that the fight goes in to the next round at least.
      The fact that after being as drained as he was from the body attack and still being able to stay up after getting clobbered by that right hand does give credence to his durability and would've liked to have seen him given chance to recover between rounds. On the flip side, the safety of the fighter is paramount and Ward was relentless on the ropes against Kovalev in that final barrage that caused Tony Weeks to stop the fight.

In regard to Sergey Kovalev turning his back, he got hit hard and there were some low blows; I don't think they were intentional but I do think that Sergey was given bad advice to "complain" to the ref about them because of the thoughts about Andre Ward getting away with so much in the first fight. Also, Sergey isn't used to getting hit that hard, that low, so it is kind of new territory for him and he needs to learn how the mitigate his opponents being able to exploit his body. The advice Sergey should've been given was to get dirty and hit low back then move away and to also use the uppercut inside as well as when Andre was coming in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Sergey uppercut was virtually non existent in this fight.

Sergey finally gave Andre credit on his twitter and apparently will be fighting as a yet named opponent in November, which is good because he needs to get in there quick and go back to work. If can get a win or two together and then face Adonis Stephenson, who I think he will beat convincingly, then he can shoot for a rubber match with Andre in a unification bout for all the belts. I highly doubt that Andre fights Anthony Joshua, it's not a good move for him.

Have a great day.

Comment

• The ref clearly went to call it a low blow then seen corner go mad and went along with it ward was gona ko him but that stoppage was all wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Get your story straight, then get back at me

you are an extremely unintelligent individual

these comments do not contradict each other.....

yes the last punch was low, so fkn what..... ?

no, there were no low blows in the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight

son, there were no low blows in the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight..... including the punch that slipped low AFTER the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight

nice try

no wait, it wasn't..... it was a weak attempt to get your client off on a technicality

Comment

waaaaah, I love kovie,
            and I hate Ward, waaaah

you aced the first four..... Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining

when you hit stage five, your local pharmacist may be able to prescribe something to help

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              you are an extremely unintelligent individual

these comments do not contradict each other.....

yes the last punch was low, so fkn what..... ?

no, there were no low blows in the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight

son, there were no low blows in the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight..... including the punch that slipped low AFTER the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight

nice try

no wait, it wasn't..... it was a weak attempt to get your client off on a technicality
              So you're saying it was a late stoppage?

Comment

• This is not the end for Kovalev, Ward is a HOF level fighter and is very cunning who will do whatever it takes to win!

Kov should've gotten dirtier and utilised more uppercuts cuz Ward was always dipping low to his left and then coming in but for some reason Kov just kept that 1-2 going and then feints for another 1-2

He gassed faster due to the pace Ward was fighting him, body work, amount of punches he threw, and the fact he had to keep Ward off of him!

He needs to learn how to take a knee, **** pride, taking a knee can get you back into the fight...i mean he has the power to change the fight at anytime!

Also needs to learn how box off the backfoot, that would've helped tremendously cuz him going to Ward only made things easier since Ward is going to have to come to him anyways!

He's athletic enough, lengthy enough and has a quality jab to do it but the man is too gotdamn angry and stubborn!

Once he was gassing he should've just boxed off the backfoot and let Ward run into uppercuts or hooks!

Comment

• Please allow me to sum things up for the Kov boys, if I may; The Krusher literally got his ass whooped, plain and simple! So now it's time to just get over it and move on!

Comment

So you're saying it was a late stoppage?

essentially, yes

I am saying, that Weeks was in the act of stopping it

most of his mental checkbox's had been ticked

I am saying that Weeks is waaaaay more experienced than you

how many times have you seen an experienced vet turn his back toward his opponent?

that is justification for a stoppage right there

you see it more often in the am's, and quite often with white-collar boxing..... but how many times have you seen a battle-hardened vet do that?

Kovalev turned his back on Ward TWICE in round 8

how many times have you seen a battle-hardened vet do that?

the first time was at the START of round 8

Weeks saw that, and he knows the game inside out..... he possesses instincts about this game that you don't even know exist..... this is LITERALLY an inexperienced boy telling a grown man how to do his job

on top of that (and here is the REAL point that you are missing) not long after Kovalev first turned his back to Ward, Kovalev attempted to fake a foul off TWO legit bodyshots

WEEK's NOTICED THAT AS WELL, YOU GENIUS

how do we know those body-shots were legal?

because you can clearly see them in this gif.....

Weeks judged that those body-shots were legit, so he saw Kovalev try to fake a foul

come on kid, Weeks absolutely knew that Kovalev was hurt and looking for a way out

oh, and then Weeks noticed Ward land a HUGE right-hand that wobbled Kovalev

then Weeks noticed Kovalev take numerous unanswered punches

and ALL of that happened before the last punch that slipped low

so I am saying that Weeks had his finger on the trigger, because he could see that Kovalev was done, and he may have missed the fact that THE VERY LAST PUNCH in the detailed novel explained for your dumb ass above, strayed low

----------------------------------------

sidenote, and..... the REAL issue

1) you chose to ignore all of the information above, and focus solely on the very last punch..... which is ******ed, clearly illogical and biased, and obviously intended to disparage Ward

you dishonest immature CVNT !

2) if you clowns had the slightest bit of class, you would admit that Tony Weeks saw Kovalev attempt to fake a foul after TWO legit bodyshots..... and that he may have decided to give Ward the benefit of the doubt on that last punch because of the way Kovalev tried to take a dive.... but oh no, you would prefer to throw Weeks under a bus in order to bash Ward

I can't stand you ignorant, dishonest, fanboy CVNTS !!

hope that answered your question

Comment

• this is the REAL issue.....

if you clowns had the slightest bit of class, you would admit that Tony Weeks saw Kovalev attempt to fake a foul after TWO legit bodyshots.....

..... so Weeks may have decided to give Ward the benefit of the doubt on that last punch because of the way Kovalev tried to take a dive moments earlier, and because Weeks could see that Kovalev was done....

but no, that would be unthinkable..... you tards would prefer to throw Weeks under a bus in order to denigrate Ward

childish fanboy CVNTS !

Comment

Working...
                      X