Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADGZ View Post
    See here people this is a FANBOY ^^^^^^^^^^

Ward one of the best if not the best Kovalev up there to.

THIS FIGHT WAS RUINED BY THE REF, and anyone that says Kovalev was done have no idea the recovery abilities of Kovalev because
    1) he had never been truly rocked like that before
    2) Yep you got it the ref stopped the fight early so we couldn't determineif he would have gotten a second wind!

Remember the Joshua / Klitscko fight Joshua was on way more shaky legs than Kovalev was he came back he had the chance to. Kovalev....he never had one.

Joshua did not take a dive by faking a foul

kovalev was done

Comment

• Golovkin/Jacobs was more controversial than this fight.....

simply because in that fight the winner was questionable

the result is not in question regarding this fight, because Kovalev was done and was looking for a way out

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I got an idea..... why don't you be more honest, if you expect to be treated with more civility?

the punches in that gif are legit, so why did Kovalev fake a foul?

TIP: he was done

no idea how you can choose to ignore that fact

what is worse..... a punch slipping low, or taking a dive..... ?

if Weeks did not see the last punch, why would he take Kovalev's word when Sergey had been attempting to milk a foul only moments earlier?

if you guys had any clue/class, you would acknowledge Ward

I did not say, like him..... or even, respect him..... just acknowledge him, and move on

like YOU should have done back in 2015 when Golovkin ducked him TWICE

our debate on the other thread is still on, btw..... your last post is highly inaccurate so I want to destroy it in my usual manner..... with links, facts, and proof..... so hold tight

and stoppit willya, we know exactly why you are here..... otherwise, you wouldn't be choosing to ignore the fact that Kovalev was taking a dive because he was done
        If Kovalev was looking to take a "dive" or a "way out" as you state, then he would've just went down from that right hand blast.

Call it like it is. Both fighters were better than they were in the first fight fight, they came to throw down and they did in fact throw down in an excellent fight.

Ward launced a vicious body attack from round one on and Kovalev had a laser sharp jab to try to deter Ward. In the end, it was the best right hand that Andre Ward has ever landed that rocked Kovalev that led to the downfall in the eighth. Interesting thing to note about that is, that although it was a perfect right hand thrown with precision and all of Ward's weight behind it, Kovalev didn't get knocked off his feet by it; old boy got some granite in that chin.

Kovalev looked shard in there but so did Ward and Ward fought the best fight of his pro carrer against the best opponent he's faced and that's why he won. Also, it would seem that Ward had a great fight plan which was to go after Kovalev body and to get Kovalev in to the later rounds while Kovalev seemed to have a terrible plan which instead of being patient and relying more on his jab, was to start out trying to pressure Ward at a such a frenetic pace that favors Ward.

I was rooting for Andre Ward but I'm gonna give Sergey Kovalev the credit for coming to fight and I don't think he took a "dive."

Either one of these fighters KO Adonis Stephenson if they ever meet.
        Last edited by Tarl of Bristol; 06-21-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarl of Bristol View Post
          If Kovalev was looking to take a "dive" or a "way out" as you state, then he would've just went down from that right hand blast.

Call it like it is. Both fighters were better than they were in the first fight fight, they came to throw down and they did in fact throw down in an excellent fight.

Ward launced a vicious body attack from round one on and Kovalev had a laser sharp jab to try to deter Ward. In the end, it was the best right hand that Andre Ward has ever landed that rocked Kovalev that led to the downfall in the eighth. Interesting thing to note about that is, that although it was a perfect right hand thrown with precision and all of Ward's weight behind it, Kovalev didn't get knocked off his feet by it; old boy got some granite in that chin.

Kovalev looked shard in there but so did Ward and Ward fought the best fight of his pro carrer against the best opponent he's faced and that's why he won. Also, it would seem that Ward had a great fight plan which was to go after Kovalev body and to get Kovalev in to the later rounds while Kovalev seemed to have a terrible plan which instead of being patient and relying more on his jab, was to start out trying to pressure Ward at a such a frenetic pace that favors Ward.

I was rooting for Andre Ward but I'm gonna give Sergey Kovalev the credit for coming to fight and I don't think he took a "dive."

he faked a foul.....

call it whatever you like

this is what it would look like in football.....

but, I pretty much agree with everything else you wrote

good post !

one other thing.....

a battle-hardened veteran, turning his back on his opponent.....

..... how many times you seen that happen ?

Sergey was really struggling at the start of round 8, even before that body-work and perfect right hand..... Ward drains you, mentally and physically

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarl of Bristol View Post

ooops, forgot the last bit

I want Kovalev/Stevenson

still

I just think that could be a great fight

possibly not as much action as folks may think, but a real tense shootout

I'm calling 50/50..... that could come down to gameplan, and particulars on how their styles mesh..... especially with the dangerous southpaw

wouldn't bet a dollar on that fight

peace

Comment

• I guess we all have to accept the fact that Ward is p4p1 now. His resume speaks for himself. But people have also to accept the fact that hes verry dirty and the stoppage over Kovalev has been controversal. Yes, it seemed he would have stopped Kovalev anyway a few rounds later because he was gassed but that doesnt change the fact the stoppage was controversal. But we have to go by the rules and the rules say Ward TKO. Getting mad and angry worked against Kovalev, he fought verry brainless. In the first ward fight and against Hopkins he boxed mutch better and not as brainless.
              I hope he comes back from this but maybe he never be as good as he was before Ward. It would be sad but we have enough other sensational exciting fighters right now in boxing. GGG vs. Canelo will be a hell of a fight!
              Last edited by Tobi.G; 06-21-2017, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I respect the rules a LOT more than I respect a love-struck fanboy who cannot stop making excuses

where does taking a dive rate in your rule-book ?

if Kovalev had a spade, he would have dug an escape tunnel
                You're the one making excuses. Was the shot low? If it was, you know the rules...

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  You're the one making excuses. Was the shot low? If it was, you know the rules...

no, there were no low blows in the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight

but what was included among the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight, was Kovalev attempting to fake a foul

it is right here.....

but, I guess you already somehow saw/dismissed that evidence

I am sure Weeks saw it

Weeks.... you know, the intelligent experienced official who was actually in the ring

not, the inexperienced excuse-making kid, who wasn't in the ring

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                    I guess we all have to accept the fact that Ward is p4p1 now. His resume speaks for himself. But people have also to accept the fact that hes verry dirty and the stoppage over Kovalev has been controversal. Yes, it seemed he would have stopped Kovalev anyway a few rounds later because he was gassed but that doesnt change the fact the stoppage was controversal. But we have to go by the rules and the rules say Ward TKO. Getting mad and angry worked against Kovalev, he fought verry brainless. In the first ward fight and against Hopkins he boxed mutch better and not as brainless.
                    I hope he comes back from this but maybe he never be as good as he was before Ward. It would be sad but we have enough other sensational exciting fighters right now in boxing. GGG vs. Canelo will be a hell of a fight!

yep, the rules say Ward stopped Kovalev

Comment

yes the last punch was low, so fkn what..... ?
                      Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      no, there were no low blows in the run of events that contributed to Weeks stopping the fight
                      Get your story straight, then get back at me

Comment

Working...
                      X