Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Conor McGregor GENUINELY Believe He Can Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not unless he gets a vision from God telling him he will lose like Manny did before facing Floyd.

Until then, McGregor will come to fight.

Comment

100% he thinks he can win but he also knows that he needs to knock him out

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Well you gotta put yourself in his shoes. This mfer has went from nobody to the biggest active fighter in combat sports in like 4ish years. He might think he can fly.

Outside of the ACL injury when he lost a year of his career & the Diaz L his world has been rainbows & unicorns for awhile.

And I've always been a proponent of you needing to be a lil delusional to become a top ten guy in the world let alone the #1 guy so yea he's delusional, but only a lil bit more delusional then most of the guys he's been fighting.
        Geen K'd. This is top level.

McGregor is not a fool, however. And his life has not been a cakewalk. He credits himself as a hard worker - not a talent. I think you've created a brilliant profile that would apply to all sorts of people in various situations but I don't believe you can get to the places Conor McGregor has gotten by dancing on sunshine.. He's a thinker and a planner. An FBI profiler would take one look at him and tell you nothing about this guy is an accident. He's calculated if not methodical and meticulous about everything he does. Behind his act is an extremely shrewd operator. Stone cold pro. I'm surprised people would think he doesn't know what he's doing in this situation..

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
          You best believe he believes it. Conor has that special intuition - hence why he calls himself Mystic Mac - for visualizing the victory before it happens (and often the round it happens in) and he probably feels deep down that he can catch Floyd at some point and put him to sleep. Remember that Floyd is a defensive fighter, not a killer; In McGregor's mind, the difficulty in just in catching him.
          The question is is "Mystic Mac" a manifester or an intuitive?

Those are, after all, different things.

If he's an intuitive then he knows what's coming..

Comment

doubt it, he doesnt seem like a stupid guy. hes got nothing to lose really, easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              You think he might improve with constant training, way too much emphasis on sparing in this forum when in reality sparing means jack sht to fight night.
              In this sport it's a big deal when somebody starts boxing in their teens or their twenties and actually achieves anything. Doing it full time. I think he might improve if he had 10 or 15 professional fights. Then he might have learned one or two tricks so he could have a snowball's chance in hell of "catching Mayweather."

Comment

I bet this idiot thinks that "since mayweather doesnt have any power, all I have to do is to go there, enjoy, and if I can connect luckly I win".

Every single idiot in this world thinks that. Then you can see the expression on their faces when floyd connects the first one on them, it's like "hooooolly mooolly, what was that?". People forget the 90% ko superfeatherweight floyd, he doesnt ko anymore because he doesnt throw, he's old, he has hands problems and doesnt throw a lot. Whether he has power or not is a completely different question, he HAS power.

I'm eager to watch the memes of mcgregor's face in the moment he receives the first one. I still remember pacquiao's, it was so funny. Deflect the jab, connnect the right... oh! pacman, what's that face? lol.

Comment

He will at least feel he has a punchers chance against a 40 year old. He's a fighter with a lot of self belief and the mentality of a fighter.

I doubt any of his team truly believes he wins though. Dana White knows Conor isn't winning this, he has been around the game enough to know. These people aren't stupid, they're the ones that sell the fight to the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ray moe View Post

I'm eager to watch the memes of mcgregor's face in the moment he receives the first one. I still remember pacquiao's, it was so funny. Deflect the jab, connnect the right... oh! pacman, what's that face? lol.
                    Haha i noticed that. Where was a guy from Top Rank sat in the crowd when Floyd landed that first right hand and snapped Pacquiao's head back that made a face like "oh no" - Pacquiao got a bit gun shy after that. Floyd has respectable power. Obviously most of his opponents felt something on those sharp right hands they didn't quite like and made them apprehensive about what was coming back, thus cutting their work rate down

Comment

He has admitted many times he wants to cash out as young as possible and never look back, pursue other ventures.

I don't think he gives himself any chance but his plan worked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X