Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Conor McGregor GENUINELY Believe He Can Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah course he does

I mean we all know he won't.

But what's he thinking? I wud imagine he's rationalising it like this. Floyd not TRULY knocked anyone out since 1999. He's 100% reliant on his defence. Avoiding punches in order to frustrate and expose the opponent and hit em with the odd jab and out point them

Conor is gonna go in with the same mentality maidana and pac had. Where they (yes yes maybe wrongly) believed and I mean genuinely believed that if they just went for it like mad then eventually over 36 minutes of boxing hey wud put this guy to sleep. Sure, pax didn't no anything but this wud have been his thinking all those years he was gunning for the fight and maidana almost pulled it off (tho respect for floyd for fighting him twice and coming out better - still think maidana had him in the first one tho in all honesty)

So why the hell wouldn't Conor believe the same thing? He's that kind of fighter after all. I mean I know he can't hold his hands up cos he DKSAB but is floyd the kind of guy who's gonna come at him? No way, it might just be a 1% chance but there's a chance

Comment

Yes he does

Comment

Yeah he thinks he can but he's deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          Remember when he lost to Diaz and his voice was different and he sounded humble during the post fight interview. That's the real Conor McGregor. What you're seeing now and before the lost is a character he's playing. The "bad ass" character want you to believe he can win. However, the real McGregor know he has no chance. You'll get to see that guy again in the post fight interview.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Tight poll. I cannot imagine how "Mystic Mac," Mr. Calculated, could possibly expect to prevail if he's really psychic.

Comment

I honestly don't think so.

Comment

I think he knows he doesn't have much of a chance at all but if i was him i'd be thinking, "i'm young, i'm big, i'm strong, i can punch, he's none of those things and he's been out of the ring for ages."

There's ways he can win belive it or not,I don't think he will, but i don't think he'll be AS embarrased as a lot do.

Floyd isn't a power puncher, that's mcgregors greatest factor in this one, if he can avoid getting hit clean on the chin and get up close he may have a little bit of success.
                Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 07-12-2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Maybe yes and no.

I'd say the fighters mentality in him thinks he can win. On the flip side, he is a professional in combat sports, he's not some uneducated casual fan. He must know deep down it is a long shot, nigh on impossible.

Basically he knows he is getting an insane amount of money and is expected to lose, no harm done.

It's arguably the same reason all boxers wanted to fight Floyd. Basically getting paid extremely well knowing you will probably lose on points, nobody will care and you won't lose credibility and you won't get beaten up badly. And if by some chance you did win, then your status goes through the roof.

Fighting Floyd is the best gig in combat sports. Get paid handsomely to get outpointed and not hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    I think so.

I believe that he, like so many other MMA folks, believes that when he watches Mayweather, he's "not all that."

It's not until he gets in there, that he'll realize he has no shot.
                    To be fair i think even a lot of boxers think that about certain fighters.

Wladamir Klitschko was a prime example of everyone thinking they could beat him by landing one punch on the chin, when he went unbeaten for about a decade

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      Of course he does

Yall acting like Conor is fighting a prime Tyson or prime SRR
                      Or the guy who lost to a nobody with the name of jeff horn lol

Comment

Working...
                      X