Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: LIVE Stream: Ward vs. Kovalev Rematch Official Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev wasn't ****ing around in that face off, he legit looked like he wanted to kill Ward, Ward was thrown off a bit imo.

Comment

Ward will probably do it again and again only just.I hope i'm wrong and K. knocks him out and Ward takes himself and his ridiculous trainer away.

Comment

Undisputed Champion

Winston Churchill Quote:
        Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

- There is only one Undisputed Champion, which one will be King?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Was that a cut above Ward's right eye?

Both looking very good. Sergey seems to be in good spirit and I think that leaving the press yesterday actually did good to him.

Ward seems slightly more nervous than usual. I don't remember him talking during the face to face before.
          Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I didn't notice the cut. Very interesting.

The taunting intrigued me. Yea, he never does that, IIRC. I think he saw Kovalev was angry and he wanted to get him even more worked up. He's spoken about how guys like Kovalev can be triggered and it works against them. People say, "Getting Kovalev angry only makes him better" but it really doesn't work that way. That's like me buddy who, "Drives better after a few drinks."

That said, I don't read much into weigh-in mannerisms any more. They rarely tell anything about how the fight will play out.
          I didnt watch but I don't think it might be cut. Not a new one anyway. I did watch a GIF posted by 1hourRun and it looks like it could be this:

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I didn't notice the cut. Very interesting.

The taunting intrigued me. Yea, he never does that, IIRC. I think he saw Kovalev was angry and he wanted to get him even more worked up. He's spoken about how guys like Kovalev can be triggered and it works against them. People say, "Getting Kovalev angry only makes him better" but it really doesn't work that way. That's like me buddy who, "Drives better after a few drinks."

That said, I don't read much into weigh-in mannerisms any more. They rarely tell anything about how the fight will play out.
            I definitely saw something above his eyebrow I haven't noticed before. It might be some old scarring, but it seems quite pronounced to me. I don't think it matters, but it's interesting.

I also do think that Ward is trying to get Sergey as angry as possible. Basically not letting him to be comfortable at any point. I think that was his (his team) tactic from the beginning, hence JDJ thing, twitter thing, etc..

Till yesterday I though Kovalev is not taking it well at all - he seemed annoyed all the time. But leaving the press was a good move IMO. First time I saw him laughing was on today's weighin.

All of this could matter in the fight. I used to favour Sergey, but I don't like the mess around him at all. Not having a proper trainer, not knowing what to do to be in good condition, not being happy with the financial deal, doing 'everything himself' in the training camp... just too much mess to go against very calculated fighter and the team that knows exactly what they are doing.

I think it's 60:40 for Ward this time, and I thought it was 50:50 before the first one.
            Last edited by Simurgh; 06-16-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              I definitely saw something above his eyebrow I haven't noticed before. It might be some old scarring, but it seems quite pronounced to me. I don't think it matters, but it's interesting.

I also do think that Ward is trying to get Sergey as angry as possible. Basically not letting him to be comfortable at any point. I think that was his (his team) tactic from the beginning, hence JDJ thing, twitter thing, etc..

Till yesterday I though Kovalev is not taking it well at all - he seemed annoyed all the time. But leaving the press was a good move IMO. First time I saw him laughing was on today's weighin.

All of this could matter in the fight. I used to favour Sergey, but I don't like the mess around him at all. Not having a proper trainer, not knowing what to do to be in good condition, not being happy with the financial deal, doing 'everything himself' in the training camp... just too much mess to go against very calculated fighter and the team that knows exactly what they are doing.

I think it's 60:40 for Ward this time, and I thought it was 50:50 before the first one.
              The crazy thing is Kovalev will beat him tomorrrow night, he does not even need a trainer, one man against the whole Wards Posse, thats how great Kovalev is......
              Last edited by MantisToboggan; 06-16-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
                The crazy thing is Kovalev will beat him tomorrrow night, he does not even need a trainer, one man against the whole Wards Posse, thats how great Kovalev is......
                Kovalev already won the first fight, I just wish he kills coWard tomorrow so I don't have to see him ever again.

Comment

Working...
                X