Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew on Mayweather-McGregor: Why is Everyone Complaining?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
    None of those fights were against a guy who is 0-0 as a pro boxer. Enough said.
    Floyd Patterson fought a guy who was 0-0

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Yep they are a crafty lot and are only bringing themselves down defending this farce when there is no defending it.
      It's a complete mismatch plain and simple and a rip off.

MMA - Conor wins easily .....Boxing -Floyd wins easily what's the intrigue!

It's a Floyd and Conor money spinner and anyone who buys this crap really have been suckered.
      It's not a rip off

Just don't buy it like Tony said

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        The reason that some people are complaining it's because it's Mayweather and not their favorite fighter. If this was any of the fan favorite fighters you would see how much praise this fight would get.
        No mate you're wrong .It's because Mayweather isn't even fighting a boxer and mugs like you will make this farce somewhat viable by being suckered in to buying this crap!

Comment

No mate you're wrong .It's because Mayweather isn't even fighting a boxer and mugs like you will make this farce somewhat viable by being suckered in to buying this crap!
          The same idiot who paid to see Kell Brook fight GGG on PPV telling us what a "farce" is...

Thanks..

Comment

LOL @ this Bloke having well over 600 more posts than me but me having more than 200 more of my posts quoted and he has the higher rep LOL

Guess when you suck Mayweather's cack you get more rep power on this site.

Comment

I've been calling this fight a spectacle (and a farce) from the day they started talking about it. However, I know some people are being hypocrites about this fight because when other fighters suggested fighting McGregor there was hardly a peep from anyone.

Everyone knows McGregor isn't a boxer but he's in a sport that's somewhat similar to boxing. This is not a legit boxing match and really has nothing to do with boxing other than it's Mayweather. The only people making it out to be are people like you complaining about it.

This is just a celebrity boxing match at a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                People who live in an internet bubble are complaining about something, what else is new? ::Yawn::

People act like their opinions and feelings should matter as to what actions other people should take. "I think this fight will be a mismatch, so this fight should not happen even though it will generate $500 million." Tell Floyd, Conor and everyone else who will profit that your feelings are damaged someway by the fight happening and that it should be cancelled because poor Cotto is fighting a tricycle rider on the same day, it's taking away from the Clincher-Ward and it might cut into Canelo v. GGG.

We don't care about your feelings - just ignore everything to do with the fight and go sit in a corner somewhere and cry.

I agree, good post !

wtf ?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Why complain? Because this isn't going to be entertaining. At the least, it will not even be entertaining. There won't even be that, let alone an actual competition. What remains? What will have been the point? As a boxing fan it will be satisfying to see an elite MMA fighter humiliated by a true world class athlete but I won't feel good about it and I doubt anyone else will either. They'll have their money. Not my money. But they'll get paid, cool. The McGregor family will be set for life. That's the only good thing that will come of this but it's a mockery regardless.

I feel exactly the same way about Pacquiao/Horn

difference being, Floyd is not active..... this is clearly an exhibition/circus match....., and this is only happening because it could generate 300mil

so, prefectly understandable in every respect

like that earlier poster said, if it was Pacquiao fighting McGregor these threads would be empty

on the other hand, they are passing off Pac/Horn as a title fight

I think that - as usual - the Floyd haters have absolutely nothing to cry about

but yea, good point about McGregor

and I should shut up, because I will still watch Pac/Horn

Comment

I don't really like Bellew at all. He's a clown. He should be fighting in the CW Super Series Tournament but he knows he isn't good enough to win that, so he's hiding out pretending to be a HW. With that being said, he is absolutely right here. If you don't want to watch it, don't. I won't be paying for it, but I may watch it depending on the undercard. If Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis are on there, it could make it worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Gjh92 View Post
                      what annoys me is tgat there are so many genuine world class real boxers that deserve their shot at mayweather, instead he's taking on sum1 with a boxing record of 0-0-0. Can already imagine the promotion. "Two undefeated fighters". What a lot of ****e

like who ?

name one ?

the fact is..... Mayweather is 40yo, and he has retired from competitive boxing..... but, who ?

NOBODY has kicked down Floyd's door to EARN that fight

the only fighter who really EARNED that fight over the last few years, was Manny

nobody else has done shht

at 147 we got Thurman, and now Spence..... neither of those guys have done enough to be able to DEMAND Floyd Mayweather..... they would need to fight each other before they even come close to a position where they can mention his name

even Pac does not qualify at this point, not if he is busying himself with the likes of Horn..... he would need to beat the Thurman/Spence winner to be in a position to DEMAND Mayweather

at 154, there is nobody..... Lara would give Floyd problems, but he had to officially win those fights with Canelo/Williams..... I know he beat Williams, and has an argument for beating Canelo..... but those 2 official losses will not land an unknown fighter a Mayweather payday..... he was unlucky, but he cannot DEMAND anything

Golovkin? come on man..... dragging Brook up to middleweight does not get you Mayweather..... there is nothing in that fight for a 40yo retired Mayweather, Golovkin would need to beat Canelo to even be seriously mentioned

Mayweather is cashing out, and none of those guys could beat Mayweather except for maybe Golovkin at 160..... but we all know that fight would take place at 154, and Golovkin will not beat Mayweather at JMW

Mayweather has finished doing his thing, and he is on the way out the door..... there is literally nothing to cry about, other than the fact that he will retire undefeated

oh right, now I get it

Comment

Working...
                      X