Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner-Garcia: Barclays Center Confirmed as Site For July 29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner-Garcia: Barclays Center Confirmed as Site For July 29

Multiple sources confirmed to BoxingScene.com on Tuesday that the Adrien Broner-Mikey Garcia fight will take place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Barclays Center was considered the favorite to land Broner-Garcia since it was officially announced June 1. MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and Staples Center in Los Angeles made strong bids, though, and also were considered by manager Al Haymon, whose company, Haymon Boxing, represents Broner and Garcia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Barclays center has been rolling out the red carpet for boxing so this is not surprising....

Comment

Would have liked to see this land in Vegas, but Barclays will do.

Comment

Awh snap! Might go see it

Comment

LA or Vegas should have landed this fighy instead... Would have been cool for Mikey's main SoCal fanbase to go support him live.

Comment

it would have done better business in LA IMO more of a paying crowd, I wish i lived in NJ to get my hands on those free tickets

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
              Barclays center has been rolling out the red carpet for boxing so this is not surprising....
              They definitely work hard for boxing fights. Seems like its become the No.2 boxing venue in America behind T-Mobile..

Comment

Hoped this would have landed here in Cali but may make the trip for this one.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me Mikey has a mexican fanbase and is a westcoast guy. Broner from Cincy. So...lets have it in Brooklyn? SMH Fight makes more money and has better atmosphere in LA or Vegas. This reminds me when they sent Leo Cruz to fight in Barclays. That made no sense either for the Frampton rematch they wised up and put that in Vegas. I get not wanting to fight in Mikey's backyard so the logical compromise should of been Vegas.

Comment

I'm planning on attending this one. But they need to go ahead and put the tix on sale. I'm not paying a ridiculous amount of money for plane tix to see this one. And the closer it gets, the more they'll be.

Comment

Working...
                    X