Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia: "Brandon Rios Says Mikey Garcia Hits Harder Than Maidana" [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    @2:30
    Broner hits harder than Martinez and Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Well, since sparring is a matter of holding back from the normal force you'd apply in a fight, this translates to me as, "Mikey is an assh0le when it comes to sparring."
      I say that as a long-time Garcia fan. I think the same thing when I hear about Golovkin beating up cruisers in sparring. I think to myself, "Ok, so he's a total dick who doesn't choose to control his strength in sparring..."
      If you're ever seen Golovkin sparring then you should know that he most definitely does hold back, considerably so. He looks very relaxed and technical during sparring. Despite that, there's only so much that holding back will do when you're naturally heavy-handed.

That being said, I agree with you that this is most likely a case of Maidana putting less meat into his shots than Garcia during sparring. It's not a fair or accurate way to judge. It's not inconceivable but I have a difficult time believing that Garcia is bringing up more power from 126lbs than a proven power puncher at 140lbs.

Comment

Mikey Garcia is on a totally different level to Adrien Broner in every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Mikey Garcia is on a totally different level to Adrien Broner in every aspect.
          A level below.

You're setting yourself up for another let down.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Well, since sparring is a matter of holding back from the normal force you'd apply in a fight, this translates to me as, "Mikey is an assh0le when it comes to sparring."
            I say that as a long-time Garcia fan. I think the same thing when I hear about Golovkin beating up cruisers in sparring. I think to myself, "Ok, so he's a total dick who doesn't choose to control his strength in sparring..."
            Lets talk about Mayweathers "Dog House" for a second shall we? Oh wait no, that kind of sparring isn't people being dicks because they are black right?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Lets talk about Mayweathers "Dog House" for a second shall we? Oh wait no, that kind of sparring isn't people being dicks because they are black right?
              You're probably Blacker than he is

Comment

Hard to believe because Maidana could crack, but I guess he would know.

Comment

I didn't know maidana hit hard? He couldn't ko khan. That's no indicator of hitting hard

Comment

Well in sparring you dont really use full force, you work on some things and its not about inflicting real damage, most of the time.

In this context, guys like garcia who have really good precision and have snap on their punches seem to be harder punches, because even if you are taking it slow, the combination of explosive punch and precision does more damage.

Brawlers with slow hands cant shine that much in sparring, because normally they need more rounds to slow their sparring partner down with body punches and get accustomed to time the more flashy guy.

Comment

You know Garcia pop is real when he's giving chino a serious whooping in sparring as we seen when, chino has sparred and held his own guys like ggg

Comment

Working...
                      X