Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia: "Brandon Rios Says Mikey Garcia Hits Harder Than Maidana" [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Well, since sparring is a matter of holding back from the normal force you'd apply in a fight, this translates to me as, "Mikey is an assh0le when it comes to sparring."
    I say that as a long-time Garcia fan. I think the same thing when I hear about Golovkin beating up cruisers in sparring. I think to myself, "Ok, so he's a total dick who doesn't choose to control his strength in sparring..."
    A lot of fighters at the top level don't use control in sparring, especially when they're getting ready for a fight....that's why they use the extra protective equipment. You gotta spar like you fight in camp, that's why guys get dropped and hurt sometimes.

Comment

A lot of talk from the Garcia camp. Good for hype but questionable because broner hasn't been talking as much, and Broner is a fight seller. Seems like their camp understands the potential this opponent has, which is why they're hyping it so much. I like gamesmanship, but it's just interesting how many clips have come out about how good Mikey is

Comment

It's not the first time I hear this. However, in an older video Robert didn't seem too sure if he agreed, based on holding the mitts for both. There might be some hard to pin point factors playing a role in this assessment, like different types of punching powers, skills, accuracy, speed, etc.

Comment

He's better at landing punches that you don't see coming.

But I'd favor prime Maidana to beat the crap out of Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            A lot of fighters at the top level don't use control in sparring, especially when they're getting ready for a fight....that's why they use the extra protective equipment. You gotta spar like you fight in camp, that's why guys get dropped and hurt sometimes.
            No disrespect, but that's not common at all. I've been in the gym around guys who are training for big fights, even belts, and no one goes 100% unless they have a heated moment or are just thrashing a paid dummy. Careers get dramatically shortened by that kind of thing.

Comment

No disrespect, but that's not common at all. I've been in the gym around guys who are training for big fights, even belts, and no one goes 100% unless they have a heated moment or are just thrashing a paid dummy. Careers get dramatically shortened by that kind of thing.
              this....

the fight isnt in training camp. wtf. imagine blowing a huge payday because you wanted to prove a point in a sparring session......wtmf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it pisses me off when people mention how one guy got the better of another guy while sparring. almost as bad as when people mention amateur fights.

that is some quality stupidity right there.

Comment

Most guys aren't intentionally trying to take each other's heads off, unless they're james kirkland or train at the mayweather gym...but lotscof fighters spar at full speed or pretty damn close to it.

Comment

Broner won't quit,, mikey on the other hand did quit against salcido so....

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    Very possible..he is more accurate, faster and has better technique
                    Stop right there.

Maidana throws punches from angles Garcia never heard of

Maidana is one of the few modern fighters that still uses the right hook

Garcia's punches are more conventional and easier to see.

Maidana would make easy work of Mickey

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                      He's better at landing punches that you don't see coming.

But I'd favor prime Maidana to beat the crap out of Mikey.
                      You got it backwards

Maidana is the one better at throwing shots you don't see coming.

Maidana uses the right hook.

That is a lost art.

Comment

Working...
                      X