Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to remove promoters from the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
    I think it needs 1 legit sanctioning body.

That would be the start.

Boxing is a sport not a league.
    This. They don't need promoters in baseball, football, etc.. People are either good enough to be in those leagues, or they aren't. Or take an individual sport like tennis. There is 1 ranking system (ATP for men, WTA for ladies), and either someone's ranking is high enough to enter tournaments or it isn't. We should have something similar for Boxing. There should be a perpetual playoff system at each weight class, so we always Know who the best is at each weight class. Like a tennis tournament. Players earn ranking points throughout The Year, playing at smaller tournaments, and the top 128 men enter the big tournies like the US Open, Wimbledon, etc.. After round 1, there are 64 players left, after round 2, there are 32, etc., until we are down to 1. We need to have this at each weight class in Boxing, so there is no question who the best is.

Comment

Boxers Need to be locked up in the gym leading up to thier fight.. They can't put promote thier own fight.. And promoting isn't easy. If it wasn't for a promoter like Eddie Hearn AJ vs Vlad would not have sold 90k tickets and AJ wouldn't be huge star he is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
        I tried google, but your "company" is so obscure and all over the place, it's hard to find the info I need.

I typed "One Punch Promotions boxers" and found nothing. Man, I can't even remember if he fought any high profile fighters so I can look through their boxrec's. Poor kid, I wish I could remember his name. If only he was promoted better.
        I know that big words are challenging for people like you, but its "productions" not "promotions" dummy

Reading is fundamental

Comment

Only with a league like the other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
            That's exactly the brother I was talking about, but for the life of me I can't remember his name right now. What was it again?

Poor guy, he never had a chance.
            http://www.thesweetscience.com/artic...s-go-on-hiatus

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/OnePunchMedia/

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                I dont know what that is, but it has nothing to do with me. I have no connection to any current business that has any version of "One Punch" in their name.

And just FYI, after I quit doing shows a guy named Roy in Orlando started using the name "One Punch Boxing". That also has nothing to do with me, so no need to post a bunch of links about whatever he is/was doing.....
                Last edited by OnePunch; 06-06-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  I dont know what that is, but it has nothing to do with me. I have no connection to any current business that has any version of "One Punch" in their name.

And just FYI, after I quit doing shows a guy named Roy in Orlando started using the name "One Punch Boxing". That also has nothing to do with me, so no need to post a bunch of links about whatever he is/was doing.....
                  Oh OK, I just googled 1 punch productions, and thats what came up.....

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                    Oh OK, I just googled 1 punch productions, and thats what came up.....
                    cool....

no harm done :-)

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      you can have amateur boxing. you can spar. that's boxing.

but professional boxing without the people who facilitate the elements that make it professional? no

TS, i'm curious, what do you think a promotor does? and what about a fighter?
                      Promoters sell tickets and use that money to pay the fighters. The fighters fight.

Except that apparently boxers have to sell tickets too, sometimes. And if another fighter is with a rival promoter they can't fight him. And even if both fighters have the same promoter sometimes they still can't fight (i.e. Crawford-Pacquiao.)

I'm just questioning the whole paradigm. Might there be a way to throw this whole system in the toilet and start over? Or is this simply the best way to do things and that's all there is to it?

Comment

Working...
                      X