Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #18 - Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev II, June 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I read it sounded like it was a good fight. I'm so pissed that I went to that stupid wedding and missed it. I heard it from a random fellow boxing fan at the bar around 11 o'clock that Ward won by KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      sings* Well I'm movin on up. Movin' on up. I finally got a piece of the pie.

MEGA, I will see ya when I see ya!

Good ****.

You cleared an extra 20 points on me this week. You should jump up a few places too. I should stay around the same (maybe jump a place or two). Are you out of multipliers yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post

Good ****.

You cleared an extra 20 points on me this week. You should jump up a few places too. I should stay around the same (maybe jump a place or two). Are you out of multipliers yet?
        Yeah. All done. I think I should be second.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Yeah. All done. I think I should be second.
          Nice!

Keep it the up. That means that if I'm gonna beat you I have to place first. I love it!

Comment

• Andre Ward, KO 5-8, x3, -KEV-.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Andre Ward, KO 5-8, x3, -KEV-.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                I think I would've been wrong if the fight went to the scorecards, I picked Ward wide and one judge had Ward down by 5 after 7. I mean Ward still had 8-12 to make it wider, which that's where it was heading, plus a KD or 2. But I saw this judge have Kovalev up 5 rounds to 2 by end of 7th.

Last edited by -Kev-; 06-19-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Andre Ward, KO 5-8, x3, -KEV-.
                  Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I think I would've been wrong if the fight went to the scorecards, I picked Ward wide and one judge had Ward down by 5 after 7. I mean Ward still had 8-12 to make it wider, which that's where it was heading, plus a KD or 2. But I saw this judge have Kovalev up 5 rounds to 2 by end of 7th.

Brobob,

Ive been meaning to ask you, How does a MD work? Like, lets say on saturday one judge had Kova winning and two judges had Andre winning, each by wide margin. (stranger things have happened)

And lets say I bet Ward, dec, wide.

Is it still considered wide due to the scorecards?

Does my question even make sense?

Comment

Brobob,

Ive been meaning to ask you, How does a MD work? Like, lets say on saturday one judge had Kova winning and two judges had Andre winning, each by wide margin. (stranger things have happened)

Yeah i'm wondering the same too.

Or like an SD, where two judges had it wide for Ward 9 rounds to 3 with a kd or 2, and one judge had Kovalev winning 115-113 or something.

Comment

Brobob,

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Yeah i'm wondering the same too.

Or like an SD, where two judges had it wide for Ward 9 rounds to 3 with a kd or 2, and one judge had Kovalev winning 115-113 or something.
                      Here is a post where I explain that in more depth (I was asked if 117-111, 119-109, 115-113 counts as wide or close)
                      Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Close is the equivalent of 116-112 on all three cards or closer. That's a scoring difference of 4 on each card or 12 pts total.

Your example:
                      117-111 = 6
                      119-109 = 10
                      115-113 = 2
                      = 18 pts difference

Which I would count as wide.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean that all three cards must have scores greater than 116-112 to count as wide. The 116-112 on all three cards is just an example to illustrate the cutoff which I actually handle in terms of pts difference.
                      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-19-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X