No announcement yet.

Should Fonfara retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Smith ruined him, that KO was extremely brutal

Fonfara's W over Dawson was deceptive, Dawson has been shot for years, his decline started when CoWard forced him to fight as a weight drained zombie.

Stevenson deserves little credit, he just beat the shadow of a broken man in Fonfara

Comment

Yeah it's time for him to hang them up before he gets seriously hurt.
      Last edited by BOXEO _; 06-04-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        Joe Smith ruined him, that KO was extremely brutal

Fonfara's W over Dawson was deceptive, Dawson has been shot for years, his decline started when CoWard forced him to fight as a weight drained zombie.

Stevenson deserves little credit, he just beat the shadow of a broken man in Fonfara

Very brutal. He took his soul in one single round. Smith's power is legit.

Comment

Na, all he needs is a new better trainer.

*sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
            Very brutal. He took his soul in one single round. Smith's power is legit.

I saw it live at the UIC. Everyone, including me, was shocked. Never seen so many sad poles in one place in my life.

It's gotta be damaging psychologically. Knowing you got KTFO by an unknown.

I'm sure he was having flashbacks of Joe Smith last night when Stevenson started landing on him.

Comment

Just needs a couple wins under his belt... To get his mind right. One more title run

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Actually, he finished Dawson in his previous fight so it's not back-to-back. But, I get what you're saying. (edit; I see you caught it)

I normally wouldn't say a guy should retire just because of a couple losses but the WAY he lost last night is very concerning. He simply could not get out of the way of that straight left. When you know a punch is coming, and it's almost the only punch the guy is using, and you still can't do anything about it, you're done.

Fonfara seems like a super-nice guy and I've rooted for him for a while now but, to me, it was obvious why Virgil stopped it. It's not about the damage he took, it was the damage he was about to take because the guy simply had no answers to Stevenson's basic punches.
                That was downright ridiculous. There was a point where he literally tried the same thing 3 times in a row, and got countered with the same exact punch 3 times in a row.

I don't know if he was trying to think too much or what, but his performance was downright atrocious. Completely unprepared and didn't have his head in the game.

Comment

Unless he can get a Chavez Jr. rematch, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    I saw it live at the UIC. Everyone, including me, was shocked. Never seen so many sad poles in one place in my life.

It's gotta be damaging psychologically. Knowing you got KTFO by an unknown.

I'm sure he was having flashbacks of Joe Smith last night when Stevenson started landing on him.
                    dang, wtf was Fonfara trying to explain to the ref when he was on his ass. I dont think he even realized he was down lol

Comment

I think they should be careful with who they match him with in his next few fights.

Smith hurt him, Stevenson hurt him..and if Cleverly carried power, he would of hurt him too.

Comment

Working...
                      X