Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I'm The King, Not My Fault Kovalev Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Actually it WAS Stevenson's fault because he demanded a purse bid or he wouldn't fight. Kovalev's team was the one that was willing to set up a PPV fight with HBO for both of them. Stevenson said no. Stevenson said he wanted a purse bid despite knowing that Kovalev was contractually bound to HBO. Stevenson was not contractually bound to Showtime.
    Actually it was team Kovalev and main events who went to the wbc in order to make Kovalev the wbc mandatory. One they got what they wanted, negotiations were suppose to start after Kovalev fought pascal, and superman fought bika. Michaels then asked for the purse bid and Kovalev pulled out a few days before the bid was suppose to happen. Let's not forget that Kovalev was contractually bound to HBO when he spent an entire year calling superman pieces of s#!t, a monkey, calling for a fight, and lobbying the wbc to make the fight happen. Hard to understand how that could be used as an excuse after he ducks the fight he's been promoting his name on. In fact, Kovalev vs pascal 1 was his last fight on HBO. He renewed his contract as the purse bid was being set to take place. I don't understand how Kovalev been getting a pass on this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
      This a hoe can keep fighting in Canada with bums
      butt hurt because fonfara got his @ss whoopped ?

Comment

I don't remember Kovalev pricing himself out or balk at any offer made to him in any of his fights. I'm sure King Adonis would in a Ward fight, for example. So I can't take this Stevenson guy seriously.

Besides, Kovalev is not the only guy he avoided. So he has a pattern of ducking fights.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          I don't remember Kovalev pricing himself out or balk at any offer made to him in any of his fights. I'm sure King Adonis would in a Ward fight, for example. So I can't take this Stevenson guy seriously.

Besides, Kovalev is not the only guy he avoided. So he has a pattern of ducking fights.

As I said in previous posts, Fighters don't duck fights... Their teams do... Main Events\HBO did ... Politics...

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
            Guess even Stevenson pretending he forgot the chance they had to do it on HBO before he tucked tail and ran. Also how difficult he was being to make the Hopkins and Pascal so they went and made a deal with a man who wanted to actually fight. Keep pretending but we all know the truth
            That's what Kovalev did when Stevenson appeared while chicken Sergey called him a chicken.

He ran from his own interview.

Duva took her boy away from Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Can't argue with Stevenson here. Kov pulled out of the purse bid and since then, negotiations have not taken place.

Problem is, with how inactive top fighters are, especially the PBC guys, we can't even imagine the two fighting at years end.

If Kov v Stevenson doesnt happen it will be one of the worst misses in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                lol, so... are we supposed to forget that this guy ran across the street to hide under haymon's skirt?
                You have things backwards as usual

Kovalev is the one hiding under Duva's skirt.

She won't let him NEAR a puncher....just check his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post

Main Events has always been the problem. They demanded that Kovalev be Stevensons WBC mandatory and they got it. The WBC president even said to make it easier the split would be 50/50 no matter who won the purse bid. They knew Haymon would put up more money and backed out. We probably would have had the fight on regular TV, and the winner would have been a bigger name in the sport.

Look at what happened recently with the negotiations with Beterbiev and Barrera. Beterbievs promoter won the bid and Barrera back out of the fight.

Look at Kovalev vs Ward too. Kovalev was the champ but his promoter is so bad that he got treated like the challenger.

Stevenson asked to push up the purse bid for Kovalev the second time and when they did they backed out.

Pascal was the mandatory and Stevenson told him you are only getting the 70/30 split because when he wanted to fight him before he had the belt he never got an offer.

Hopkins went to HBO, this is right around the time Haymon and Golden Boy went thier separate ways.

Before Fonfara they tried to make fights with Smith, and Monaghan in the new Nassau Stadium in Long Island. Smith is facing Barrera, and Monaghan is facing Brown.

Beterbiev is facing Kolling, and the winner becomes the mandatory for the Ward vs Kovalev winner.

Looking at the WBC rankings Stevensons next fights will probably be Alverez, Jack, the winner of Brown vs Monaghan, and Pascal is still a big fight in Canada. Bellow called him out for a rematch at cuiserweight.
                  Last edited by kej718; 06-04-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                    Actually it was team Kovalev and main events who went to the wbc in order to make Kovalev the wbc mandatory. One they got what they wanted, negotiations were suppose to start after Kovalev fought pascal, and superman fought bika. Michaels then asked for the purse bid and Kovalev pulled out a few days before the bid was suppose to happen. Let's not forget that Kovalev was contractually bound to HBO when he spent an entire year calling superman pieces of s#!t, a monkey, calling for a fight, and lobbying the wbc to make the fight happen. Hard to understand how that could be used as an excuse after he ducks the fight he's been promoting his name on. In fact, Kovalev vs pascal 1 was his last fight on HBO. He renewed his contract as the purse bid was being set to take place. I don't understand how Kovalev been getting a pass on this.
                    The truth is coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                      Main Events has always been the problem. They demanded that Kovalev be Stevensons WBC mandatory and they got it. The WBC president even said to make it easier the split would be 50/50 no matter who won the purse bid. They knew Haymon would put up more money and backed out. We probably would have had the fight on regular TV, and the winner would have been a bigger name in the sport.

Look at what happened recently with the negotiations with Beterbiev and Barrera. Beterbievs promoter won the bid and Barrera back out of the fight.

Look at Kovalev vs Ward too. Kovalev was the champ but his promoter is so bad that he got treated like the challenger.

Stevenson asked to push up the purse bid for Kovalev the second time and when they did they backed out.

Pascal was the mandatory and Stevenson told him you are only getting the 70/30 split because when he wanted to fight him before he had the belt he never got an offer.

Hopkins went to HBO, this is right around the time Haymon and Golden Boy went thier separate ways.

Before Fonfara they tried to make fights with Smith, and Monaghan in the new Nassau Stadium in Long Island. Smith is facing Barrera, and Monaghan is facing Brown.

Beterbiev is facing Kolling, and the winner becomes the mandatory for the Ward vs Kovalev winner.

Looking at the WBC rankings Stevensons next fights will probably be Alverez, Jack, the winner of Brown vs Monaghan, and Pascal is still a big fight in Canada. Bellow called him out for a rematch at cuiserweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X