Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: I'm The King, Not My Fault Kovalev Pulled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    All top fighters with SENSE went to Showtime.

Kovalev should have gone with him

Keep ignoring all the FACTS that it was Kovalev's team that botched the fight.
    Fight was all but set for HBO but Stevenson went to Showtime to avoid the fight. That is the FACT and you know Im right so only one ignoring anything is your dumbass. So Stevenson botched the fight. Look at him now, nobody cares when he fights and everybody knows the 2 top fighters at LHW are Kovalev and Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      Guess even Stevenson pretending he forgot the chance they had to do it on HBO before he tucked tail and ran. Also how difficult he was being to make the Hopkins and Pascal so they went and made a deal with a man who wanted to actually fight. Keep pretending but we all know the truth
      interesting way to describe stephenson signing with haymon to make more money then hbo was paying. not sure how doing that is exactly running i still think it was bs kov pulled out regardless they could of at the very least tried to win the purse bid. im not a fan of stephenson one bit but i think he was a victim of circumstance. why everyone gives main event, duva, and hbo a pass in it all is honestly surprising. the fact they pulled out was ridiculous they could of tried to win the purse bid and if they failed then pulled out but they wanted nothing to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        Fight was all but set for HBO but Stevenson went to Showtime to avoid the fight. That is the FACT and you know Im right so only one ignoring anything is your dumbass. So Stevenson botched the fight. Look at him now, nobody cares when he fights and everybody knows the 2 top fighters at LHW are Kovalev and Ward.

saying he went to showtime to avoid the fight is a bit ridiculous he went to showtime and haymon cause it was the better option and haymon and showtime were running **** at the time. how thats considered running and ducking is a bit weird to me. why wouldnt he sign with haymon and showtime if they were offering him a deal. i hate stephenson but this idea that he is scared to fight kovalev i just dont buy and never have.

every fighter in the world signs with the promoter, manager, network that offers the best deal regardless what potential fight they are leaving behind kov being at hbo doesnt change that. stevenson is a piece of trash but this ducking narrative is so tired and ridiculous
        Last edited by Cinci Champ; 06-04-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Stevenson=Chickenson. He only wanted to fight Kovalev with words.

Comment

Stevenson is the biggest joke I boxing

Comment

If Adonis would have not showed up for a purse bid that he requested we would never hear the last of it. But since Kovalev is European he gets a pass. Funny 90 percent of boxing writers never mention this when speaking on Kov-Stevenson.

Comment

Stevenson did swerve Kovalev to go to Showtime for more money and Hopkins.

But then Hopkins pulled a surprise of his own by going to HBO.

Kathy Duva asked the WBC to make Kovalev the mandatory to Stevenson, but when they did and called for a purse bid she ducked out of it because she might lose.

Those are the facts. There's a lot of blame to go around yet it seems that people only like to criticize Adonis for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                  He's absolutely right. Somehow people forget that he was after a unification fight with Hopkins from the first day he beat Dawson. People also seem to forget HBO only wanted to give him 2.5m for three fights where showtime gave him b that just for fonfara and the option to unify with Hopkins. People also forget that Hopkins went back to HBO, and that scrapped the December card which would have also featured wilder vs stiverne. People also forget that Kovalev talked tough for over a year only to pull out of the purse bid days before it was set to happen. I never understood the disrespect that he gets for things that weren't even his fault.
                  He gets disrespect because of the house painters, cab drivers and mechanics he's fought since then whilst everyone else has all fought a high level of opposition. Let's not gloss over that please.

Comment

Lmfaoooooo

Comment

both made business decisions that led to the fight not happening but only stevenson is blamed because Haymon is involved... its life...
                      Last edited by uppercut510; 06-04-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X