Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation Prez: Hopefully Main Events Contributes To Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'm sure one would be able to find people of similar opinion with Floyd &/or Manny back in the day. In fact I'll cop to feeling like Floyd would be lucky to ever do a PPV fight at all at one point & even when he did get a PPV I'd never have predicted him to exceed 500k buys lets alone 1M & eventually 4M & to become the biggest PPV boxer in the history of boxing.

And I say that not to imply Kov vs Ward II could do 2M buys if they merely put some actual effort in to build it up (& you don't need money to do that, when people are looking for content to push simple words can go a long way), but as a means to suggest that putting in some effort to build these fighters up as who they are, turning their actual personalities to 11 or making this fight bigger by any means possible would give either or both guys more long term upside. And maybe that long term upside could result in that 2M buy fight down the road, but in the immediate future it would make this fight do better whatever better happens to mean for Ward vs Kov II.
    I understand what you're saying but we're not talking about guys in their mid to late 20s. These dudes are on their way out.

Kovalev has zero long term value, and Ward seems to not be interested in building his. I've given up on his star potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      Ward should have a huge base considering he is an articulate gold medalist and undefeated champion. I cannot understand how he is unknown outside of the bay area. Kovalev has Ivan Drago appeal but somehow these guys could walk down the street and be totally unrecognized in a lot of places. Crazy.
      I don't under stand that either??? Over in the UK he's more popular then here??? For some reaon they LOVE him over there???

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I'm sure one would be able to find people of similar opinion with Floyd &/or Manny back in the day. In fact I'll cop to feeling like Floyd would be lucky to ever do a PPV fight at all at one point & even when he did get a PPV I'd never have predicted him to exceed 500k buys lets alone 1M & eventually 4M & to become the biggest PPV boxer in the history of boxing.

And I say that not to imply Kov vs Ward II could do 2M buys if they merely put some actual effort in to build it up (& you don't need money to do that, when people are looking for content to push simple words can go a long way), but as a means to suggest that putting in some effort to build these fighters up as who they are, turning their actual personalities to 11 or making this fight bigger by any means possible would give either or both guys more long term upside. And maybe that long term upside could result in that 2M buy fight down the road, but in the immediate future it would make this fight do better whatever better happens to mean for Ward vs Kov II.
        I understand what you're saying but we're not talking about guys in their mid to late 20s. These dudes are on their way out.

Kovalev has zero long term value, and Ward seems to not be interested in building his. I've given up on his star potential.

Comment

Working...
        X