Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation Prez: Hopefully Main Events Contributes To Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    You don't want to put too much cash into a fight that won't sell more than 300k regardless of promo.

That's just the history of the sport. Only a handful of fighters could ever cross that 300k mark.

As good as they are, neither will ever break the bank in terms of sales. People generally don't know who they are.
    Getting to 300 buys would be a huge victory for this fight. The first did like 165.

Comment

Regardless of who promoted this fight, it wouldn't be some huge success. Neither fighter has a base big enough to drive sales.
      Ward should have a huge base considering he is an articulate gold medalist and undefeated champion. I cannot understand how he is unknown outside of the bay area. Kovalev has Ivan Drago appeal but somehow these guys could walk down the street and be totally unrecognized in a lot of places. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
        Getting to 300 buys would be a huge victory for this fight. The first did like 165.
        Exactly. Considering this fight has almost no buzz compared to the first one.

Comment

You don't want to put too much cash into a fight that won't sell more than 300k regardless of promo.

That's just the history of the sport. Only a handful of fighters could ever cross that 300k mark.

As good as they are, neither will ever break the bank in terms of sales. People generally don't know who they are.
          I'm sure one would be able to find people of similar opinion with Floyd &/or Manny back in the day. In fact I'll cop to feeling like Floyd would be lucky to ever do a PPV fight at all at one point & even when he did get a PPV I'd never have predicted him to exceed 500k buys lets alone 1M & eventually 4M & to become the biggest PPV boxer in the history of boxing.

And I say that not to imply Kov vs Ward II could do 2M buys if they merely put some actual effort in to build it up (& you don't need money to do that, when people are looking for content to push simple words can go a long way), but as a means to suggest that putting in some effort to build these fighters up as who they are, turning their actual personalities to 11 or making this fight bigger by any means possible would give either or both guys more long term upside. And maybe that long term upside could result in that 2M buy fight down the road, but in the immediate future it would make this fight do better whatever better happens to mean for Ward vs Kov II.

Comment

Kind of a bit late for having hope in that regard? Either they are or they are not contributing at this point.

Comment

Both are too blame

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                The biggest buzz around this fight was the rumor that JDJ tried to jump ship
                This is true

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I'm sure one would be able to find people of similar opinion with Floyd &/or Manny back in the day. In fact I'll cop to feeling like Floyd would be lucky to ever do a PPV fight at all at one point & even when he did get a PPV I'd never have predicted him to exceed 500k buys lets alone 1M & eventually 4M & to become the biggest PPV boxer in the history of boxing.

And I say that not to imply Kov vs Ward II could do 2M buys if they merely put some actual effort in to build it up (& you don't need money to do that, when people are looking for content to push simple words can go a long way), but as a means to suggest that putting in some effort to build these fighters up as who they are, turning their actual personalities to 11 or making this fight bigger by any means possible would give either or both guys more long term upside. And maybe that long term upside could result in that 2M buy fight down the road, but in the immediate future it would make this fight do better whatever better happens to mean for Ward vs Kov II.
                  Look bro, you are making way too much sense! Stop it before people get frustrated! Lmao

Comment

Main Events was the lead promoter last time and we all saw how that PPV flopped.

You're probably better off without their help, Roc Nation.

Comment

Ward is repellent, they are lucky the last fight did the sales it did. Everything rides on Kovalev. Wards numbers on his HBO fights were terrible and lost HBO millions. Only suckers will pay to watch Ward pitty pat and hold and tackle and avoid fighting so his ref and judges can steal the fight for him. You would have to pay me to watch that faqqot "fight". I should get a check in the mail for enduring part of the last "fight" on you tube.

Comment

Working...
                      X