Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ali be the best HW in today's era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Ali be the best HW in today's era?

He was a great technician who took the sports t new heights but how would he deal with the super heavy weights of this era like Ortiz, Joshua, Klits, and Wilder?

Yes he'd be in mix

Comment

Ali had magical charisma I have that photo of him with the beatles on my wall he would walk through every modern stiff giant with ease he wore great shorts u cant argue with these facts u dont know sweet science modern boxers forgot the infighting

i have always said a prime ali and a prime tyson two greatest fighters to ever lace em up i believe i am the only to ever say that great boxering pow pow good job
      Last edited by Fr3$h; 06-04-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

I'm not one of these guys who is enamored by Ali but I'd still place him over anyone today. Easily in fact. That speed and fluidity would overcome any of the big, stiff monsters we've got in our top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          He was a great technician who took the sports t new heights but how would he deal with the super heavy weights of this era like Ortiz, Joshua, Klits, and Wilder?
          The Klits have been destroyed by far lesser figthers than Ali.

Joshua doesn't have the speed and stamina to compete.

Ortiz...that old man couldn't do anything with Malik Scott.

Wilder gets clowned just like all the rest.

Comment

Well he'd need to add muscle and be heavier to really compete with the super heavyweights today, competing at 210lbs against someone like a 245 klit or 250lbs Joshua would be a disadvantage.
            If he was bigger and retained his speed/sharpness which could be done then yea he'd be in the mix

Its hard to say because his style of dancing/leaning back from punches could land him in a lot of trouble with tall heavy guys, I dont see him getting away from Klitsckos jab.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              Well he'd need to add muscle and be heavier to really compete with the super heavyweights today, competing at 210lbs against someone like a 245 klit or 250lbs Joshua would be a disadvantage.
              If he was bigger and retained his speed/sharpness which could be done then yea he'd be in the mix

Its hard to say because his style of dancing/leaning back from punches could land him in a lot of trouble with tall heavy guys, I dont see him getting away from Klitsckos jab.

That proves you don't know ****.

Ali doesn't have to add anything to whip on these slow-motion robots.

Ross Purrity didn't have any trouble with the dreaded Klit jab.

Byrd made Vitali quit on his stool...he's a drop in the bucket compared to Ali.

Comment

He'd be in trouble against Deontays patented Windmill attack

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  He'd be in trouble against Deontays patented Windmill attack
                  So would the dope dealing Nigerian mummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    So would the dope dealing Nigerian mummy.
                    I agree.

I mean if duhaupas, molina and the pin can't do it, no-one can

Comment

Working...
                    X